New, less risque topic wanted? How about them Packers!

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

New, less risque topic wanted? How about them Packers!

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

Right [Expletive]ing on! Brett Favre and the Pack marched to yet another victory tonight! WHere as the defense was a little shaky in hte beginining, they are averaging about ten points allowed per game now since Carolina. We lead the leauge with forcinjg turnovers. Offense has been strong when there is still a match, though it cools down once the game is already won.
Don't want to jinx, so I wiill only mentiion San Diego as a mere probabiliyt. Hope we get a rematch with those hated Bronocos and make them pay--make them suffer--for 1998. Am hearing the cheer at lambeau, which features this catchy bassline, followed by the fans retort, "Go Pack Go!"
Last edited by Einsamer_Wolf on Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mögen die Flammen unserer Begeisterung niemals zum Erlöschen kommen.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I used to be from Wisconsin. Lived there for most of my life. Let's just say I'm glad the professional sports team from Green Bay pleases you. I was never a big fan, but my father is! You haven't seen fans until you go out on a game night and NO ONE is in the stores or on the road. It was fun and errie all at the same time to purposely go out when there was a game on!
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

Cool-- I have not yet seen a Packers game. I want to go to Lambeau at some point, but cannot afford it this year. However, they are playing the Jets at the Meadowlands on December 29. I am going to try to get tickets. This is the year to see them, because they are playing so well. Not only are the days to see Favre limited (to perhaps another three years), but this team looks like the 1996 championship team
On a related matter--what is up with folks from Minnesota? Vikings, Ventura, and Wellstone? From what I have been able to gather, people from the two states just do not get along. I suppose that is another reason to pull for the Pack--from what I know, I do not htink I would like Minnesota either.
gorbag
Supporter

Post by gorbag »

Grrrr...Packers fans...must...resist...draw...to...call...them...CHEESE HEADS!

Wallow in your winning record while you still can. Hitmen are en route to bash Favre's knees so he can't own the Bears anymore.
In the battle between good and evil, evil usually has more fun.
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Entschuldigen Sie?

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

Wallow? Wrong-word. It is not Packer supporters who are on the wrong side of history, as the Bears, Vikings, and other teams are. We have the most venerable tradition in all the NFL. You are correct about one thing--so long as Favre is in uniform and #4 is active, we do reign in the land of Lincoln. So get used to us mounting you each and every year! And soon we shall recapture the championship. (I wish I were in a black Armani suit stroking a white cat in my lap as I write that. But alas, I am not really organizing this revived campaign for world domination. Sherman, Donatell, Favre, Green, and Sharper, and the Pack are. I am just a mere collaborator. Besides, that touch of evil is not really their style. That would be more of a Riadier thing--though I am becoming a Raiders fan merely for the purpose of thwarting those Broncos)
But I should not wish to exascerabate this disagreement. I do not mind the Bears, I actually sort of like them, though this is becoming more and more difficult with some of the asshole bears fans I have encountered in bars in recent weeks. Even so, ought we not have a repsectful rivalry, as is the case between the Cubs and Cardinals? I suppose if the Pack were not to make it in any given year, the Bears might just as well carry the torch--goodness knows they have a shortage of championship compared to CUrly Lambeua's crew. One thing we can perhaps agree on is the Vikings. Perhaps their color is purple because they always choke on the offest occasion when they do have a strong, winning season. Beyond that, Moss and Culpepper are complete asses, and I revel in their recent failure.
Finally, I do not know what the Cheesehead thing is about--but I would concededly never be caught dead in one of those things. I express my support by a really sharp polo by Bobby Jones. I also have this really nice creme colored turtleneck for colder days. But anyone who is a Packer fan is a friend of mine, poor fashion sense notwithstanding!

Go Pack! Destroy ALL that lies in our wake!

Einsamer Wolf--ardent, maniacal, crazed Packer fan
Rob S.
Supporter

Post by Rob S. »

As I Minnesotan, I will cheer any team that plays against the Packers. The Packers football team are amongst the top ten of most hated things on earth list.

I know we suck this year, but it's mainly because of that stupid Randy Moss. I believe all idiots should be forced to leave the NFL, for the kids' sake. They are role models and some kids out there are going to think it's okay to do drugs and hit traffic cops. They already mimic wrestling moves....
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

A rightful fate awaits you!

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

And so you, too, are on the wrong side of history. I do not know what you could have to say for yourself as a MInnesotan. Ross, Ventura, Wellstone, Mondale? And they call those plastic cheeseheads in poor taste!
There seems to be a common theme here. As Mondale and Wellstone are on the losing side of the ongoing Reagan revolution, so are those opposed to the Green and Gold, I do realize however, that Wisconsin is generally Jack ass country, but I believe teh governor is Republcian. Anyhoo, the Wisconsin brand democrats are a little bit more mainstream than the wacked out Wellstone and friends. But I digress. Have fun rooting for whatever team we play. I have a hunch that in the vast majority of cases, you will be rooting for the losing team. I suppose that is the fate of those heretics not persuaded by the Mystique of Lambeau field and the Green Bay Packers. And a rightful fate it is.

Regards,

EW
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

Just thought folks would want to know that I just a bought tickets to go see my Packer team take on the Jets here in NY. It is goign to be fun watchign Favre and the Pack operate deep in enemy territory.

GO PACKERS!

EW
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

How a'bout dem Stillers?! To bad we don't see the Pack this year ... perhpas in the SuperBowl?
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

I have always respected teh Steelers. They and the Raiders are the two AFC teams I regard with some feeling of warmth. Woudl be devastated if we lost the Super Bowl to any team, but I suppose if it had to happen, at least the Steelers represent tradition and class and history. Your team has certainly pulled things together since the weak start.
Although I hate the Broncos, I sort of want them to make it to the Superbowl, so we can exact vengeance.

Best Wishes

EW
gorbag
Supporter

Post by gorbag »

I'll have to agree with you, there seems to be a preponderance of rather large asshole Bears fans...I think it's due to the perenial frustration we experience. And I'll take the Pack over the Vikings any day.
In the battle between good and evil, evil usually has more fun.
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

So we agree on much. I do not dislike the bears, you do not dislike the Pack, at least not enoughbt to disfavor them more than the Vikings. Alas, most Bears fans are total assholes, though there are enough good ones to prevent me from blacklisting that team, as I have done to the Vikings, Broncos, and Cowboys.

Cheers

EW
Rob S.
Supporter

Post by Rob S. »

MInnesotan. Ross, Ventura, Wellstone, Mondale? And they call those plastic cheeseheads in poor taste!
I didn't vote for any of these jackasses. Politics have nothing to do with sports, the abbreviations of the colors of their uniform is what matters. Green And Yellow.

MN is elected ALL Republicans in all of our major officers. Looks like it's nothing but good times ahead 8)