How to find old best WWII movies portraying the German side?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Don

How to find old best WWII movies portraying the German side?

Post by Don »

I enjoyed the threads on the best and worst movies portraying the German side. So my question is how do you find them for purchasing? I've searched for some like "A Time to Love and Die," "Sgt. Steiner," and others, but I haven't had much luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.
ctschatz

Post by ctschatz »

Go to a video store like suncoast or media play they should be able to help you, or they might have some in stock.
Chris
"In war I would deal with the Devil and his grandmother. "
Josehph Stalin
Mike G.

Post by Mike G. »

If you haven't already, check out deepdiscountdvd.com., they have several good German WWII movies, such as The Bridge, Stalingrad-Dogs Do You Want To Live Forever, The Star of Africa, etc. at the lowest prices I am aware of. Can also try International Historical Films, however, prices there are usually higher.

ps - Sorry - Am not sure about the second Cross of Iron movie.
Herr Doktor
Contributor

Post by Herr Doktor »

Greetings:

FYI, "Sgt. Steiner" and "Cross of Iron" are the same movie, it was called "Sgt. Steiner" in Germany (I have an original movie poster for it in German) and "Cross of Iron" in the U.S. "Cross of Iron" was out of print for quite awhile, making it hard to find. However, I understand it's back in print and most chain video/DVD rental chains should be able to get it for you. "A Time To Love And A Time To Die" is another great movie, it may still be out of print though. Try Ebay or Amazon.com (they have used items on Amazon too, and I've seen that movie for sale there occasionally). IHF also has an interesting selection and they are great to do business with, check'em out at: http://www.ihffilm.com

HD
Don

Post by Don »

I was wondering why I couldn't find Sgt. Steiner. :) I think I have the Cross of Iron. I'll try the http://www.ihffilm.com. Thanks.