ISO WWII-NAZI LONDON USED BOOKSHOPS

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

hauptmannn

ISO WWII-NAZI LONDON USED BOOKSHOPS

Post by hauptmannn »

Hi,

I would be very much oliged if anyone can reccomend any SECOND HAND World War II, or better yet, Third Reich, bookshops in London. I would be very grateful for any tips. Even books markets would be good.
Also what is the average price for a book in the UK? second hand of course.
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

Francis Edwards, 48A Charing Cross Road, is a dedicated military history second-hand bookshop. From memory it's expensive - £30-50 ish for good books.

For brand new, Ian Allen in Waterloo (near the Railway Station) is good; Foyle's in Charing Cross Road is the world's best bookshop - it says it is, and it is. Again, it's all new though.

Martin Gladman, next to West Finchley tube station, has an excellent military/history stock. He's a nice bloke too.

The best in Britain is Helion by a mile, but it's postal only.

The best idea is to click here for the "bluelist" (it used to be a pamphlet listing all Britain's military history bookshops).

http://www.dhmb.co.uk/asp/bluelist.asp
michael kenny
Associate

Post by michael kenny »

I'm suprised you missed out Motorbooks in St. Martins court central London (right behind Leicester Square Tube Station and a 10 min. walk from Foyles) I would say they have more Military stock than Ian Allan and just as much as Foyles. There are no decent second hand Military(not Aircraft or Ship) bookshops in central London and apart from Gladman the next best is in Reading (Keegan's Bookshop) If anyone knows better let me in on it!
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

Oops. Yes, I'll second Motorbooks - they have a few German language imports. Also pretty pricey, though. They used to have an annoying habit of not posting prices on the back of books...