German DVD - "Mythos Rommel"

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Mike G.

German DVD - "Mythos Rommel"

Post by Mike G. »

Just wanted to know if anyone has seen the 3 part series on F.M. Rommel titled "Mythos Rommel," which was originally broadcast on German TV (1 ARD) last year I believe. The documentary, a German production and a little over 3 hours in length, received very good reviews on Amazon.de but I would also like to hear the opinions of some on the forum regarding this work. Any opinions would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mike G.

PS - Am planning on buying a PAL/NTSC video converter in the near future so I will be able to view European DVD's - any other recommendations regarding German historic genre movies & documentaries (or just good movies) on DVD would also be very welcome.
Stefan
Banned

Post by Stefan »

Of course I saw it and I can really recommend it. A rare piece of quality from such a leftist network as the ARD, thanks to the excellent work by Maurice Philip Remy.
Santiago
Supporter

Post by Santiago »

Hello.

I saw it because my girldfriend bought it in Germany.
Although my knowledge of german language is not to high the DVD serie it´s fine.

You could see talking important people, like the Rommel´s son. Rommel´s drivers and secretaries or nurses, i can´t remember well.
They spoke about Rommels life, his skills, and wthat the soldiers think about him. Campaings and battles.

The DVD series began with a young Rommel fighting in the I world war.
And ended with his death.

If you could buy or see it, do it!!.

Regards,

[url=http://www.puntadelanza.net/Index.php]Punta de Lanza sitio de Combat Mission en Español[url]