dutch volunteers in the Waffen SS, I need help here please?

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

invictis

dutch volunteers in the Waffen SS, I need help here please?

Post by invictis »

Hi,

As a collector of books concerning the german army, german militaria, and soon german reenactment. I started an investigation of a sort concerning the dutch volunteers in the german army during World War 2.
I have learned quitte a lot since then and read a lot of books concerning the subject.
The reason I do this for I wish to know more and learn more concerning the german soldier but also from the volunteers from the Wiking division.
I have read a lot of books on the Wiking division and read many eyewitness accounts.
The problem is though that I would very much like to come in contact with german veterans or volunteers and hear the stories they have to tell for I believe that there is a great difference in reading their stories and hearing them tell the stories.
Another problem is ofcourse that most of these people are already dead unfortunately, and I seriously would like to talk with some veterans while I still have the chance to do that.
So does anyone have a clue how I can achive this?
Please understand that I am no extremist or whatsoever, I just want to hear those stories for I think those veterans are still misunderstood by the majority on this planet.
So if there is someone out there who hears my desperate call please reply if you can.
hope to hear from someone soon,
your's sincerly,

ALco from The Netherlands
invictis

Post by invictis »

Ok, I know I am a newbee on this forum, but please give me a chance, please?(I seriously have the best and most genuine intentions).
your's sincerly,

Alco