WW2 German Biographical Research Available

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

WW2 German Biographical Research Available

Post by Frederick L Clemens »

Hi, I am a researcher willing to look up biographical information for anyone interested in WW2 German military members.
I do my research at the US National Archives and can primarily offer research on Army officers as well as Waffen SS officers and enlisted personnel. I can only offer limited research for Luftwaffe personnel and even less for Navy members. (I do not currently work wih the NSDAP records but I will also consider requests for Party member research.)
The potential biographical material includes official personnel files, cardfile cards, and material from unit records. What I might find for any given individual is quite variable due to the factors of war and bureaucracy, but they can range from a complete career record to no record at all.
Please let me know what information you already have when requesting a look-up. When possible, include the following: Full Name, Rank, Service (H, L, WSS, KM) and Branch of Service (Pz, Inf, Pi, etc) , Units of Assignment, Birthdate or Age, Birthplace, Which Years Served, Awards, Endwar Dispostion (Living, KIA, WIA, MIA). Any of these pieces may help weed out the wrong guys, for example, Lt Karl Schmidt versus Lt Karl-Heinz Schmidt.

My rates (all charges payable in advance):
Initial Look-up in standard personnel records: Free look-up for ONE name per month per customer, $10 per each name after that (applied as discount to final cost)
Personnel File: $5 first page, $3 each additional page copied and mailed
Personnel File Card: $5 copied and mailed
Unit Record Research: $40 per hour, $20 half hour minimum, copy/mail cost $1 per page
Translation: $20 per page typewritten, $30 per page handwritten, $10 per File Card, all include copy/mail costs
Payment: Cash, MO, Check (no credit cards or online payment at this time)
Customers: US, Canada addresses only, others possible by reference
Please contact me for references and questions, including phone and mail address.
Thanks and good luck!
Frederick L Clemens, [email protected]
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

Post by Frederick L Clemens »

Thanks to you who have responded so far with you requests!
Upon further consideration, I am modifying my charges as follows:

Personnel File: $10 first page, $1.00 each additional page copied and mailed
This better reflects the upfront time I have to spend looking thru as many as five different rolls of microfilm for each guy, but also avoids making the longer files prohibitively expensive. On very long files I will consider further discounts on the additional pages.

Also, I will consider requests from non-US, Canada addresses but will have to be strict about upfront payment once I have located the info for you.
Thanks,
Frederick Clemens, [email protected]