Nordland/Regiment Danmark - FLAK?

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Jebir

Nordland/Regiment Danmark - FLAK?

Post by Jebir »

Hello there

I'm looking in to the history of a Danish volunteer, and I have come across a note saying;
"...volunteered for either Frikorps Danmark (Freikorps Dänemark) or Regiment 24 Danmark - Division Nordland. Unit listed as "Kurpp" (Krupp?)"

The volunteer in question had received training in a FLAK-unit, and was furthermore trained to drive the trucks to carry the guns around. He followed Nordland from november 43 to the end of the war, but my question is;

Did the Division itself have a Flak-unit he could have been attached to? Or was that "higher in the system"?
If he was attached to Either Freikorps Dänemark or Regiment 24, would either of these have had their own FLAK-Unit?

Does the unit named "Kurpp" (or Krupp) make sense to anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Jebir
fridgeman
Supporter

Re: Nordland/Regiment Danmark - FLAK?

Post by fridgeman »

Sorry i cant give you a detailed answer but just a guess.

Krupp would make at least some sense, as it was the producer of 8,8cm FLAK guns and other cannons.
The term Kurpp i never heard before in german language, its not a towns name/family name or whatever.
Simon H
Associate

Post by Simon H »

Hi Jebir,

Certainly Panzergrenadier Rgt 24 Dänmark had their own organic Flak Company, this was the Regiments 14th Kompanie. Not sure about the "Krupp" reference though.

Best
Simon.
Simon Harrold

WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken decoded.
Jebir

Post by Jebir »

Thank you very much, both of you :-)

I'm very interested in ANYthing about this company - it seems it's 3rd batt. 14. company, but would anyone have any more info?
Like, lists of equipment for the company, weapons, personnel or anything like that? Or even "stories to share" about the company?

- Jebir