Atrocity wickedness

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Uncle Joe
Enthusiast

Atrocity wickedness

Post by Uncle Joe »

Just stumled upon this quote from a post on a locked thread:"(Closing note) So how wicked was this mistreatment of German PoWs?
On a magnitude scale of 1 (most wicked) to 5 (least wicked), I would rate
The Holocaust 1
Nazi atrocities against Polish and Soviet civilians and PoWs 2
Anglo-American firebomb raids on German cities 3
Needless mortality and suffering of German PoWs 4"

It is clear from the above that the person must be a Vansittart reborn for my list would be:

1) Genocide of American Indians due to the fact that hundreds of unique cultures were completely destroyed in the name of biblical capitalism (=it is worse to kill e.g. 8+ million Swedes (total population) than 50 million Chinese (less than 5% of population))
2) Bolsheviks´ various liquidation campaigns
3) genocide against Jews
4) terror bombing against Japan
5) terror bombing against Germany
phylo_roadking
Patron

Re: Atrocity wickedness

Post by phylo_roadking »

Closing this thread. It is a VERY clear breach of the rules of the Forum regarding war crimes and the discussion thereof...
...what does NOT make an action a "war crime" is that the other side did it first or worse. Each war crime or alledged war crime stands on its own "merits" and circumstances - and not in comparison with or measured against any other by degree.
...let alone involving discussion of the Holocaust, which we do not condone here.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds