Spike Lee's Miracle at St. Ana

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

jmreynolds

Spike Lee's Miracle at St. Ana

Post by jmreynolds »

Recently saw this movie and thought it wasn't terrible. It was obviously slanted to the filmmakers view on issues, but it eas a very good show just the same. The movie captured the desperation of the German army in the closing days of the Italian campaign as well as the war. The movie did hold very close to the true story. I've been running down the real story of what happened. I will post the comparison later.
When freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower.
Fahrdienstleiter

Re: Spike Lee's Miracle at St. Ana

Post by Fahrdienstleiter »

For me, it sounds like the usual hollywood trash. If someone wants to make a film about the Sant'Anna massacre, one of the most outrageous crimes of the Waffen-SS (and just another reason to mistrust the ever mushrooming number of Anglo-Saxon fans of the WSS), very well, but make it without american heroes. According to Hollywood, in almost every possible WW2 or Nazi setting from Stalingrad to Auschwitz to the Führerbunker, the majority of people present seems to have been american. A special kind of megalomania?
An Gleis 5 bitte einsteigen. Türen schließen selbsttätig. Vorsicht bei der Abfahrt.
statemachine
Contributor

Re: Spike Lee's Miracle at St. Ana

Post by statemachine »

Lupo reviewed it on CS.He wasn't too enthusiastic about the film.
An unbreakable man