Polish people included as "germans"?

Foreign volunteers, collaboration and Axis Allies 1939-1945.

Moderator: George Lepre

Eldorado

Polish people included as "germans"?

Post by Eldorado »

Hi again, more questions..
some of the Poles did was sent to school to learn german and so on. Why did the germans invest time in Poles? Heard that they got grades from the "german" school in Poland and worked for the Germans with ammunition. How does those papers look like with grades and papers that said they had right to move freely in the suroundings?
Also read a book about Hitler saying that Italy and England should unit with germany and Poles shall be the Helping people..history took its own path but anyway..true or not?
Im happy they survived, on both sides..or I wouldn´t exist!
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Re: Polish people included as "germans"?

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

Try this for a start: http://www.feldgrau.com/poland.html

waleed
Pirx
Associate

Post by Pirx »

Hi.
1. Poles in Generalgouvernement must complete 4 years primary school, to learn basic mathematics, reading and writing in German and Polish. On territory annexed to Germany schools for Poles did not exist. There was no such a thing like "German school for Poles".
2. Poles after school gets "Kennkarte" that was kind of ID, but more important were:
Ausweis - a document that shows that owner is working (f.e. farmers, railway workers, postal office workers, ect.)
Erlaubniskarte - document for selfemployed person (baker, hairdresser, shumaker, taylor)
Arbetskarte - document for workers in big companies controled by Germans (mines, steelworkers, shipyards).
Person without this documents was arrested and ussually sent to Germany as slave worker.
3. "...Italy and England should unit with germany and Poles shall be the Helping people..history took its own path but anyway...". Hitler said things like that. He said also that all what he wants is peace...
amicus Plato, sed magis amica veritas
Eldorado

Post by Eldorado »

THX Pirx!
This was the realy interesting and importent fact for me. Im soon gonna get hold of a what i think is a"Kennkarte", might explain some family history :D
If it´s what i belive ill digg deper into it.
Opa
Supporter

Post by Opa »

Eldorado,

Without details about your family history, all answers will be vague. There were German citizens who were ethnic Poles, within the borders of 1937. These were treated like any German-German. But in the German territories recovered in 1939, and in non-German territories annexed after 1939, ethnicity was much, much more important. In some areas, like Westprussia, the local Gauleiter allowed all "Poles" who now wanted to state that they had German ancestry to do so, without checking. In other areas, there was an examination of ancestry, sometimes very strict, with different grades of Germandom. But in either area, a person allowed to go to a German school would have had to be on the Volksliste by making a statement about German ancestry. :[]
Honny soit qui mal y pense!
Eldorado

Post by Eldorado »

Found out from my moms dads workingpermitt papers that he went to german school 42-44 and also was a mecanical and 44-45 was with Totenkopf SS in Hungary and some other country..well he looks like a German to me since looks were of importance at that time. Guess he probebly would have survived if the Germans had won then..? was also told by my mom that he had some German family in previous war..
Im happy they survived, on both sides..or I wouldn´t exist!
Florin
Supporter

Post by Florin »

It is estimated that 200,000 Polish children were taken by force from Poland and distributed to be raised in German families.
This plan had the blessing of Himmler himself.
The more blonde and blue eyed these Polish children were, the better. Actually the blonde and blue eyed ones were targeted as a priority.
Only 40,000 children were recuperated after war by their Polish families.
The source of information is a documentary I saw in America about Himmler and SS.