Death Cards for Sale

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
Mansal D

Death Cards for Sale

Post by Mansal D »

I don't want to have to sell these, but for a trip to Germany, I must! For sale are four death cards individually priced with translations in English. Sorry the feldgrau forums will not allow the pictures to be shown so click the links and you will see scans!

Front:
http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img624es4.jpg

Back:
http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img625ji9.jpg

1.In remembrance and preyer for Mchael Hollweck, Gefreiter in a Gren.-Regt.Fell on 12th of june 1943 in the East (Russland) in (his) 20th year of living. ~~Price: $8.00~~~

2.Leonhard Kern was a farmer from Rumersham "Pfarrei Obing". He was a gefreiter in a Pioneer battalion and holder of the ostmedaille and kubanschildes. On the 5th of July 1944 he died after 4 and a half years of service at the age of 38. ~~Price: $11.00~~

3.Joseph Hechtl was born in Stadlern. He was an Obershütze in an infantry regiment. He was wounded August 24th, 1942 for the second time. On September 20th he died in the far east at the age of 31 years and 5 months. ~~Price: $7.00~~

4. "In pious memory of our beloved, unforgetable son and brother, Grenadier Josef Gleixner, son of the mill and mirror works owner in Obermühle. As a result of severe head wounds he died a hero's death on 6 December 1943 in a special Luftwaffe hospital aged 37. he is buried in the militray cemetery at Nikolayev." ~~Price: $9.00~~

All prices include shipping. Any questions? PM, post or e-mail:

[email protected]
Hans
Associate

Re: Death Cards for Sale

Post by Hans »

Funny seeing ones relo's being sold on Feldgrau for $9.

- Hans
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID
Mansal D

Post by Mansal D »

Hans,

If you can prove this is a close relative of yours, I'd happily give it to you for free.

Best regards,
Mansal
Hans
Associate

Post by Hans »

Mansal

Thanks, but absolutely no need, as I don't know the man or his immediate family. A cousin of my mother [a Gleixner] who she mentioned when talking about family losses during the war. I don'think she knew him either, just knew of him. Still think it's funny seeing a relative become a collectors item. Enjoy your trip to Germany.

Kind regards, - Hans
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID