Please help!! (wast)

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

jas

Please help!! (wast)

Post by jas »

I have received some papers back from wast and it looks like they want 16.50 for something. First of all is that for the information they have given me? or is that to get more information? Second, how do I contact these people? lol. I don't see an address anywhere and I am totally clueless as to how I get the money to them. Also, when I do send it will it be another 6 months to receive anything? I am ok with this as long as I know before hand. Otherwise I would be worried they didn't receive it. Thanks!! Please help!
Brendan Hunt
Supporter

Post by Brendan Hunt »

Is there a return address on the envelope? How much did you agree to pay?
Brendan
jas

Post by jas »

this is all it says on the envelope

berlin
unternehmen verwaltung
deutsche dienststelle(wast)
die auskunftselle fur
wehrmachtsnachweise
eichborndamm 179-13403 berlin

is this an address??

I think I agreed to pay up to like $20 I don't remember
Brendan Hunt
Supporter

Post by Brendan Hunt »

That may be the address. It probably is, because that looks like a postal code at the end. I'm no expert, though. I'd say thats your total you are due to pay if you agreed to about $20.00. Just by curiousity, how long did it take for them to send it to you?
Brendan
Scott Revell
Contributor

Post by Scott Revell »

Jas,

Normally they put a piece of paper in the envelop that has a bank and account number with the amount to pay plus a hand written reference number to be place on the transaction. Did you not receive this or maybe they have changed their procedures in the last 6 months.

Scott
Revellations

"A Bayonet has a worker at both ends"

http://www.defendingarnhem.com
jas

Post by jas »

Revellations wrote:Jas,

Normally they put a piece of paper in the envelop that has a bank and account number with the amount to pay plus a hand written reference number to be place on the transaction. Did you not receive this or maybe they have changed their procedures in the last 6 months.

Scott
No I have this, but I don't know what to do with it. Am I supposed to take it to a bank?
jas

Post by jas »

Brendan Hunt wrote:That may be the address. It probably is, because that looks like a postal code at the end. I'm no expert, though. I'd say thats your total you are due to pay if you agreed to about $20.00. Just by curiousity, how long did it take for them to send it to you?
about 6 months!!
Brendan Hunt
Supporter

Post by Brendan Hunt »

Yep, about the same for me too.
Brendan
Hans
Associate

Post by Hans »

Yes take it to your bank or other financial institution and they will arrange the transfer of funds.

- Hans

The 3rd and last line is the address of WASt.
Last edited by Hans on Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID
jas

Post by jas »

Hans wrote:Yes take it to your bank or other financial institution and they will arrange the transfer of funds. Once the money is received they will send the info.

- Hans

The 3rd and last line is the address of WASt.
oh is that all??! I still have one from my opa a long time ago that I havn't taken in yet. will only certain banks do it or they all will?
jas

Post by jas »

Brendan Hunt wrote:Yep, about the same for me too.
when they don't have any info its about a month or so. much faster! so at least if it takes forever I know they must have something
Hans
Associate

Post by Hans »

It's up to the bank. I would think though they would all do it as they charge you a commission.

I have amended my previous posting as I gather you have the info.

- Hans
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID
sgriffin383

Doing research on family

Post by sgriffin383 »

Going to Germany to research family. I am an American who has German grandparents and other relatives who fought for Germany in WWI and WWII. This has helped me out alot, but i feel driven togo there myself. Still in contact with relatives in Germany. I will be the first American family to visit since before WWII. Any research tips would be very helpful. Thank you!
tenoriodj
Supporter

Re: Please help!! (wast)

Post by tenoriodj »

If you still need the WASt bank info, let me know (email me better). You need to wire the money via the bank account number provided in the footer of their standard laters