Rebuttal

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
Paddy Keating

Rebuttal

Post by Paddy Keating »

Regarding Troy Tempest's statements in the post found at http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27567, I do not propose to get into an argument with anyone but wish merely to record for the record here that I refute his incoherent and retrospective statements and assertions. OK, mods, you can lock this down now. Thanks for letting me respond to Tempest's defamatory and mendacious statements.

PK
Michael Miller / ABR
Author

Post by Michael Miller / ABR »

Well rebutted!

~ MdM
"I am a historian before I am a Christian; my object is simply to find out how the things actually occurred."

~Leopold von Ranke, 19th Century German Historian
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Paddy,

A rebuttal is more than just denying something. Even the guilty do that.

A rebuttal requires a counter-argument of some sort. You offer none.

Cheers,

Sid.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

I do not have to do anything at all... I refute everything Tempest said. That's all.

PK 8)
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Paddy,

No. You just deny it.

Sid
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

8)

PK
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

"mendacious" - to lie or falsify.

Let me see now - some exerpts from Feldpost's Privacy Policy;
Who do they apply to?
Everyone, nobody is excused from them, and it is the users responsibilty to keep up to date with changes to the privacy policy

How does administration use the information you provide?
Administration uses the information you provide to target and personalise the emails we send to you and the offers we make available to you. We do this to ensure that you only receive relevant and appropriate information. administration will not sell or give away your personal information to any other person, company or organisation, unless, it is required by law, or you expressly agree to us giving out your information. Demographic and profile data is only shared with administration affilliates and advertisers on an aggregate or collective basis. However, we will never tell our affilliates your name, your postal address or your email address and other such information

What about other Websites?
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of other websites that you use. This privacy statement applies only to websites owned and operated by the adminstrator of this site."

Sid said;
"What he did do was...reveal the name I was using, even though it was given in confidence to the administration."

"Reveal that it was part of my email address, which was also given in confidence to the administration"

Both of which are correct, this WAS done by Paddy Keating, and both in contravention of the Feldpost privacy Policy. No lies there....

Now....
"Regarding the confidentiality of PMs on Feldpost, there is NO functionality within the Admin suite of functions that allows the site owner, site administrator, or moderators to open and read Private Messages. For any administrator to enter a member's PM box would require them to reset that member's password and masquerade as that user - which given the Privacy Policy of the site and the Conditions you accept on registering would be highly unethical behaviour"

No lies there....
"This issue arose because a former site administrator, having reset the site owner's password to secure the site from a hacker, logged in as the site owner and read material in his PM box"

No lies there... Paddy has admitted on at least three threads on feldgrau and several emails to carrying out this action.
"An action was taken by a former site administrator that was in breach of this policy..."

No lies there....see the above exerpts from the site Privacy Policy.
"Feldpost management would like to take this opportunity to state that actions of this nature are not the regular policy of Feldpost, and did not and do not have the approval of site management"

No, no lies there either...

Paddy, you do indeed have the right of rebuttal - but be careful with accusations of lying. You CONFIRMED carrying out ALL the above in your own words on several occasions.

And I'm sure we have all noticed, Sid included, that you CONTINUE to publicize part of Sid's personal details on Feldpost on this site. You counter your OWN rebuttal far better than anyone else could.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Michael Miller / ABR
Author

Post by Michael Miller / ABR »

---

Superfluous post - I'm butting out of this thread as I shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place.

~ Mike
Last edited by Michael Miller / ABR on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a historian before I am a Christian; my object is simply to find out how the things actually occurred."

~Leopold von Ranke, 19th Century German Historian
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Double Post
Last edited by Paddy Keating on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

A lot of those rules were edited retrospectively by you. Tempest isn't smart or literate enough for that. I mean...the guy clearly types with bottles of beer in each hand, which is probably how he hit the wrong button in the first place.

Regarding the whole PM thing, I take that you would feel that your confidence had been breached when I was shown the e-mails you sent to people offering favours of one kind or another if they would take your collective side against me.

Yelling and screaming about my reading of PMs and e-mails diverts attention from the content of the correspondence in question, which indicated that Tempest was simply not to be trusted. His boneheaded antics since then have merely underlined this. It has not gone unnoticed that you and Tempest closed down that libelous "Stormfront" thread when Nico started challenging you, accused him of being me, which is very funny, and that you open the thread to make quick additions before shutting it down again.

You guys are very good at attacking people if you think they cannot do anything about it. Whatever you say about me, at least I am straight and open in my actions. You would not have known about the PMs, for instance, had I not told you all in the first place, when I confronted that duplicitous toad Tempest. As for your mewling about "ethics", you're like an Italian mobster ranting about "honour" and "respect". Being able to define "ethics" does not mean that you have any.

PK
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

A lot of those rules were edited retrospectively by you.
Incorrect. They were originally written by Jess and she I'm quite sure will confirm they remain EXACTLY as written by her ;-) I didn't NEED to edit them, they covered all the sins appropriately ALREADY. Nice accusation, but at the very least incorrect. No cigar.

The ONLY thing libellous about the Stromfront issue was YOU accusing Troy and I of doing something we didn't do. When YOU were shown to be wrong...you refused to make an appropriate apology. 1/ As for Nico's right to reply - I've given him that on the followup thread that he opened, asking him the very same question - why you didn't apologise when proved wrong AND why you didn't apologise to the same audience you libelled US to ;-) 2/ AND that thread of course explains why it was updated after it was closed, to ensure the full facts were in it.

(those two little facts 1 & 2 above, which you emitted, kindy proves my case elsewhere about "selective quotation". Thanks!)
Yelling and screaming about my reading of PMs and e-mails diverts attention from the content of the correspondence in question, which indicated that Tempest was simply not to be trusted.
Given the security breaches you admitted - "Tempest was simply not to be trusted"?....he's proved more trustworthy than our former site administrator.
You would not have known about the PMs, for instance, had I not told you all in the first place
Wrong ;-) I'd noticed you'd made a couple of references to the content of PMs *I* had sent to Troy - are you even aware you made them? - long before anyone actually challenged you on that. Sid was busy doing all the work, so I let him play on under the "advantage rule".

Regarding anyone seeing pms or emails AFTER they were read by the person concerned - nope. Why should I? That's HIS call. But breaking into somebody else's PM box and reading them before HE does....THAT is a different matter, and was one of the reasons in the end Troy banned you from Feldpost.
Last edited by phylo_roadking on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Oh, and of course P.S. - you obviously don't remember writing that you'd never even READ the site's Privacy Policy.... :D :D :D
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Gentlemen, when the problems on Feldpost first appeared, they warranted discussion here as we didn't know what happened, and were concerned for site security here.

It has gone on long enough. Arguing about what happened on Feldpost on Feldgrau time, while not technically in violation of any forum rules, is just bad form.

I fully understand that things have been said both ways, that seem to beg rebuttal. Let me just say that when this happens on the street, I usually end up arresting everyone involved.

Leave us return to research.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!