How Chamberlain Tricked Hitler ?

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Iron_Bismarck
Supporter

How Chamberlain Tricked Hitler ?

Post by Iron_Bismarck »

I watched a documentary about Britains top-secret Paddock under-ground bunker, an alternate Cabinet War Room bunker for Winston Churchill's World War II government.

It was built from 1938-9, according to the dates given in the documentary. The bunker was necessary to protect the British government from Nazi bunker buster bombs.

Therefore, I offer that N. Chamberlain's "Appeasement" of Hitler in 1938 was a ruse designed to buy time.

Hitler wants Austria in 1938? Sure, Paddock isn't done yet.

Czechoslovakia? Sure, Paddock isn't done yet.

Poland? Well, now, Paddock is complete, we're safe from your bombs, so now we'll declare war!

Britain actually was persuaded by the Anschluss to oppose Hitler...

Chamberlain just didn't say so for a year or so, as the British Government hastilly built necessary defenses in secret.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: How Chamberlain Tricked Hitler ?

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Iron_Bismarck wrote: Hitler wants Austria in 1938? Sure, Paddock isn't done yet.

Czechoslovakia? Sure, Paddock isn't done yet.

Poland? Well, now, Paddock is complete, we're safe from your bombs, so now we'll declare war!
I completely understand waiting until you're ready to launch a campaign, or even a war, but to allow two countries to get eaten up because the head politician's bomb-proof bunker isn't finished yet? That seems awfully harsh! I can see where an admission like that wouldn't win too many hearts in Warsaw or Prague!! :shock: Wow!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

While Chamberlain probably was buying time I seriously doubt the bunker had anything to do with it. Britain needed to build up her airforce in particular. I think the last time you (IB) posted this sort of thing it was also based on a TV documentary. It was suggested then I believe that you try reading some books on the topic. I think the suggestion is still pertinant and relevant.
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

If you seriously believe that Chamberlain undertook his agenda because of a bunker, then I suggest you read some books, then read some more and finally turn off the TV.

Regards
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Andy and LWD - suggesting that the person concerned actually DO some research didn't work before LMAO, as we all know from earlier contact with this gentleman.

To suggest that PADDOCK of all places was THAT important....is to know NOTHING about the history of PADDOCK and how the british government viewed it LOL
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds