info needed

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

bernhard37049
Supporter

info needed

Post by bernhard37049 »

what is Diensteintritt: 27.11.1939 also Erkennungsmarke: -69-10./I.R.308 thanks........
Kev

Post by Kev »

Hi,

Diensteintritt means Duty/Service entry.

Erkennungsmarke means recognition mark

Regards, Kev
HeinrichFrey
Contributor
Location: Franconia-Franconie-Franken-巴伐利亚州-Франки-فرانك-バイエルン

Re: info needed

Post by HeinrichFrey »

The number on the dog tag shows that the former owner began his service in the 10th Company of the 308th Infantrie-Regiment.
Best Regards
Matthias
Best Regards
Matthias

"Lage?"-"Beschissen wäre geprahlt!"
bernhard37049
Supporter

Post by bernhard37049 »

Thanks for the info. The tag belonged to my Opa. As a young boy in waldkirch im breisgau things like this didnt interest me. Now that I am older I want to know.
HeinrichFrey
Contributor

Re: reply

Post by HeinrichFrey »

Hi Bernhard,
perhaps I am able to help you a little bit. The 308th IR belonged to the 198th ID, garrison in Prague and Pilsen 1939, as one of the first "waves". The 3rd Bataillon to whom the 10th company probably belonged, was later given to the 327th ID. It would be usefull to have more information. Maybe You have got the "Wehrpass" or the "Soldbuch". What those look like You can find on my homepage concerning the 389th ID, where the papers of my Grandpa Heinrich Frey are shown. Or You are in possession of old letters with those special postal codes called "Feldpostnummer". Nevertheless I think the campaigns Your Grandpa took part can be reconstructed.
Viele Gruesse!
Matthias
Best Regards
Matthias

Hessian

Post by Hessian »

HeinrichFrey wrote:Hi Bernhard,
perhaps I am able to help you a little bit. The 308th IR belonged to the 198th ID, garrison in Prague and Pilsen 1939, as one of the first "waves". The 3rd Bataillon to whom the 10th company probably belonged, was later given to the 327th ID. It would be usefull to have more information. Maybe You have got the "Wehrpass" or the "Soldbuch". What those look like You can find on my homepage concerning the 389th ID, where the papers of my Grandpa Heinrich Frey are shown. Or You are in possession of old letters with those special postal codes called "Feldpostnummer". Nevertheless I think the campaigns Your Grandpa took part can be reconstructed.
Viele Gruesse!
Matthias
Matthias,

You have a great website, I just supplied information concerning my Mothers Uncle who was with the 545th regt. of the 389th Div.

Manual was able to show me where he was killed on the " Donboggen "

I look forward to seeing my Great Uncles picture on your site.

Grusse,
Robert
HeinrichFrey
Contributor

Post by HeinrichFrey »

Hello Robert,
at our last meeting Manuel showed me parts of Your amazing collection. The photo of Your granduncle is still shown on our website. Naturally we are interested on more material concerning our researches. Perhaps You`re able to send us more photos and documents. In the moment we are working at the chapter "Donbogen", the battles of Kalatsch and the battle of Katschlinskaja. There is a report of General Jaenecke in the German archive in Freiburg: Der Durchbruch zum Donbogen. We try to get it soon.
Excuse my late answer.
Till soon!
Matthias
Best Regards
Matthias