Sieg Xmas!!!

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Dave, regarding the Church being subject to secular authority....well, yes, in the sense that successive emperors DID massacre quite a few tens of thousands of Christians over the years LOL But that "legal" position is what changed with Cnstantine's victory over Maxentius - he allowed the Church to govern its own affairs and not be subject to secular authority any longer in matter of religion and the Church....except it was the CHURCH who rapidly decided what those matters were LOL Up until the point that the Church was in a position to forge that incredible "Donation of Constantine" document which it claims he gave IT the right to crown - or NOT to crown kings/emperors etc.!!! Talk about "Power corrupting..."!

Which was the whole argument over Charlemagne's coronation at Aachen - was he Emperor and only self-styled so by force of arms - or because he acknowledged that "right" of the Church to confer the crown of Empire and ONLY the Church. Silly bugger had the one last chance to put the Church back out of politics and he fluffed it LOL because the new Northern European way of doing things, the "divine right of Kings", began right there..... promoted by a Church that had a vested interest in it - the right of kingship my be divine, but THEY decided what was or wasn't divine LOL From there on, for the next thousand years almost, the Christian Church and European monarchy were almost inextricably bound up with each other.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

so, let me get this straight...

so santa claus is not the jolly old elf that we all know of, he actually has ties with the devil and his servant was from hell? what's that, Dan Brown? a new book?
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

if that is how it is with Santa then I'll be darned if I'm leaving out any cookies and milk this year! :D

Merry Christmas
Reb
Locke
Supporter

Post by Locke »

Well, here we have St. Nicholas who brings presents on 6th december and he is accompanied by "devils" who scare kids (and if they're already drunk - everyone else too :D ). Then we have Santa Claus for Christmas and a communist Dedek Mraz (Granpa Cold) who brings presents to commies on 31st December ....

You know, Commissar - Santa at least wears the glorious colour of revolution :D

Best,
P.
Tod sekla bridka bodo jekla in ti mi bos krvava tekla,
kri nasa te pojila bo, sovrazna te kalila bo!
Simon Gregorcic: Soci
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

And is the single neck-facing bullet the Commie equivalent of the satsuma or piece of coal? :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

The heck of it is - when I was growing up the protestants in school at fish on Fridays to work with the catholics. Christians worked Jewish holidays and Jews worked Christian holidays. We sang all kinds of songs in school including Christmas carols and nobody every got "offended."

A very unpleasant little culture we've created for ourselves. What's so hard about putting everyone else first and simply being kind to each other?

Just gloomy I guess - need another drink...

cheers
Reb
Dragunov
Associate

Post by Dragunov »

What's so hard about putting everyone else first and simply being kind to each other?
uhh... last time i checked, we're all human.
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

Post by Willhelm Gruber II »

some of us more so than others, like the members of "that" religeon (see i cant even say it because somone will get offended) that kidnap American Engineers that are trying to build schools, and cut there heads off infront of a camera, they are not Human i suggest that we should do to them what they do to us, and see how many want to kill westerners
"Gott Mit Uns"
Dirlewanger
Contributor

Post by Dirlewanger »

But tis the season to be jolly, and extend goodwill to all mankind, not to cut off peoples heads.
Those fanatics you refer to are not mainstream Muslims, they are criminal terrorists that do not deserve any goodwill what so ever, even at this time of year. There is quite a difference.
Ost Ost Oskar
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

The problem is - more and more mainstream ******s are looking to the suicicde bombers and jihadists as their examples.....
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

These "heroic" suicide bombers always manage to kill some poor soul who has nothing to do with their stupid cause. If they want to have credibility with me they should attack the leadership and the military - not so terribly hard to do after all..

Truth of the matter is, they are too bloody stupid - a bunch of primitive fumblers. 911 was an aberration. All those clowns are good for is murder so death should be their portion. %E

Geneva convention? Please. That died at Nuremburg.

That cynical Reb
Dragunov
Associate

Post by Dragunov »

but wait-- love abounds in this peaceful world of ours! compassion fills the air!!!!!!

if you think you're cynical, say that out loud and count how many times you cough and how many times you are so tempted to swap the word compassion with pollution.

yes, this world sucks, but at this rate, i firmly believe that we will end it soon. with a big boom.
i'm looking at you , America.
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

Post by Willhelm Gruber II »

why are you looking towards America?, why not the radical fundimetalists that want to blow up EVERYTHING
"Gott Mit Uns"
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

Dragunov

And every time you cough think just how dreadful it is to have home heating, indoor toilets and automobiles. You want to swap that stuff out for wonders of nature feel free.

cheers
Reb
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

And every time you cough think just how dreadful it is to have home heating, indoor toilets...
"...I ask you, brothers...okay and sisters - what did the Romans ever do for us?"