Fathers Organization Todt War diary the beginning Jan 1942

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
canadien
Supporter

Fathers Organization Todt War diary the beginning Jan 1942

Post by canadien »

First of thanks to all of you who helped me start with deciphering my fathers ,diary you all Know who you are :D and a special thanks to 2 ladys Sus and Ann who are helping me with this ongoing project.

there are certain entrys that all of us werent able to decipher .So if you see ? marks etc you know what they mean

Fathers Organization Todt Diary (the beginning)

January 1st 1942
Vienna! With my family. Ronni is here too, it is very nice.

January 18th

Sunday
Birgitt wants to visit. Gili and Perck are coming with the soldiers to visit.

January 19th

Monday
At 9 am I am finding out thru Foster that I have to join the O.T. (Todt unit) I am supposed to take the 1pm train from Salzburg to Munich to join others to get outfitted. Myself and a few others that still need passport-pictures: will be outfitted on Tuesday. We are getting vaccinated and a physical. I still have time to visit Miss Helen Hawieder.
1:15 am we march from Freimann to Gauching (?) thru heavily falling snow.

Jan 20
Tuesday
Outfitting. ( We got pictures at Hertie, 8 pictures in 15 minutes)
2pm from Munich, Salzburg, in St. Leonard pack everything for draft at O.T.
Talk with Mrs Fuhrmann. Ronni is still not sure.

January 21st

Wednesday
Breakfast 8am. Fuehrer. R. is with me. Leave at 8:20 am from Salzurg to Munich.
Geli brings me to the train. We have a talk. We agree that we can only be friends.

Jan 22 Thursday
we took quarters at the Dynamit A.G. (Factory) in Rammersdorf. We are waiting.

January 23rd

Friday
Waiting at our quarters. Nobody knows anything.

January 24th.
Saturday
Rollcall; back in school again. (Lazarettstrasse)
Have to take a man that froze his hand and ear to headquarters and from there to the Clinik and because of this I didn’t find out until evening that we are off till Monday. Visit with Maxi, we are going to “the wild man”.
Leave from Munich on Christmas-leave on the 9:55am train, but the train doesn’t leave untill 11am because it is snowing so heavy.

January 25th

Sunday
Arrive in Salzburg at 12:30am We take the 5:15am train to St.Leonard. Wake up Felix with much effort. Lay down on my bed to sleep for 2 hours, then we go for breakfast. Mrs Bruckmann left. Geli is in Salzburg. Ronni is very nice and lets me know she likes me. Geli is coming shortly after noon, but she is going for a walk with Gerda. So I can talk to Ronni. We ????? together and play cards. Geli is taking the 9pm train back to Salzburg. I am taking the last train, midnight, back to Salzburg. Ronni and Felix bring me to the station. Ronni says she will wait for me.

January 26th

Monday
Vacation over, 6pm back to Munich to my Quarters.

January 27th

Tuesday
....???..(can’t read) Ronni is healthy. Thank God!

January 28th

Wednesday
Waiting. In the evening I find out that I have rollcall on Friday

January 29th

Thursday
Waiting, I find out in the evening(crossed out)
Take the train at 9:30am to Salzburg. Ronni is laughing into the Telefon and is very nice. Aunt Molti as always is very nice to me. Take the last train back to Salzburg. Meet with Mr.Poellmann he is going to O.T. I take the slow train at 5:30 am the fast train is very late.

January 30th

Friday
Leave from Munich at 9:45pm with O.T. train. riding in an old french wagon, 2.class.

January 31th

Saturday
10am handing out of food. Butter,bread and coldcuts.