It is with great sadness that i must announce........

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Ian Earl
Contributor

It is with great sadness that i must announce........

Post by Ian Earl »

my departure from this site for the near future.

I, for those of you that don't know me, a British soldier and the other day my lords and masters in the Ministry of Defence sent me an invitation to take part in the remake of the Gulf war.
Not wishing to appear rude I excepted the invitation and will depart these fair shore's next week in a lovely big airplane for Kuwait city.

I have packed my bucket and spade for making sand castles as well as my "how to tame and ride a camel" book, in addition to this I intended to dig a very big hole and hide in it for the duration over there. :D

Question: Does anyone know the Arabic for "Don't shoot! I will tell you what ever you want to know so put the electrodes away!"? :shock:

If anyone happen's to know a kind friend in Canada or Switzerland that can hide me for a few months I would be grateful. 8)

I will miss our little talks on here and look to a time when I can return.

Ok! Which way is Baghdad? :wink:
Somewhere far far away doing secret things to nasty people in hot climates. Sssshhhh dont tell the wife, she thinks I play a piano in a whore house!
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

Good luck, hope to see you again soon. Don't forget your sunglasses and watch out for that sand that always, whatever you do, gets in your boots.

Best regards/ Daniel
Ian Earl
Contributor

Post by Ian Earl »

To say nothing of your underpants! :shock:
Somewhere far far away doing secret things to nasty people in hot climates. Sssshhhh dont tell the wife, she thinks I play a piano in a whore house!
xavier
Contributor

Post by xavier »

Give 'em Hell Ian!!!!

(and please,come back to us in one piece, alive :D )

best regards and wishing you a good journey

Xavier
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Awww Ian, I was just getting used to you being back. I regret to tell you that there isn't a word in Arabic for "Don't Shoot!". There are, however, a variety of phrases expressing your love for the Mother of the one shooting at you...... :D

But Be Well MY Great Good Friend and we will all look forward to your safe and speedy return. Very Best Regards, David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
adrian
Supporter

Post by adrian »

Whatever happened to the tradition of the 'stiff upper lip'? Ha Ha! :wink:

Do the job right,do it effectiveley and most of all, do it in the knowledge that you are making a difference.

Be good and take care.

adrian
D.W.
Enthusiast

Post by D.W. »

Hurry back Ian and remember that your friends at Soldatenheim wish you a safe (and hopefully short) stay in the Middle East.

Good luck, Godspeed, and may you be successful in all you do! 8)

Best regards,
D.W.
Fridolin
Supporter

Post by Fridolin »

Godspeed Ian, and remember, camels bite. Have a safe war, if that's possible, and return safely ASAP.
What we do in Life echoes in Eternity.

No quisieron querer a otra Bandera,
no pudieron andar otro camino,
no supieron morir de otra manera.
John W. Howard

Good Luck Ian!!

Post by John W. Howard »

After you have been over there awhile those camels will start to look good, with their long lashes and curvacious HUMPS!!! Best Wishes.
John W. Howard
Nate
Supporter

Post by Nate »

Ian,

I'll see you in a little while.

Nate
Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt !!
Lupo Solitario
Contributor

Post by Lupo Solitario »

remember the gas mask and try to seem a CNN journalist......Ah, moustaches could be useful! :wink:
Ian Earl
Contributor

Post by Ian Earl »

Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts. It is good to know that my minor part is appriciated by you all.
Nate wrote:Ian,

I'll see you in a little while.

Nate
You coming to play in the sand as well?

John W. Howard wrote:After you have been over there awhile those camels will start to look good, with their long lashes and curvacious HUMPS!!! Best Wishes.
I love curvacious humps

adrian wrote:Whatever happened to the tradition of the 'stiff upper lip'? Ha Ha! :wink:

Do the job right,do it effectiveley and most of all, do it in the knowledge that you are making a difference.

Be good and take care.

adrian
Well something may well get stiff but it might not be my lip! Hang I am back to those camels again!
Have a beer for me cobber and no taking the p*** when we lose in the CWC! :?

Got issued my NAPS,(Nerve Agent Pre-treatment tablets), today. Highly bloody suspicious if you ask me! Me thinks something fishy is afoot.

Now where did I put my helmet and respirator? Ah there they are! ok Gulf war take 2 at 40mph please!
Nate
Supporter

Post by Nate »

Ian,

That's a roger! Email your unit to me if you can:

[email protected]

You never know, we may end up in the same AO.

Nate
Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt !!
Ian Earl
Contributor

Post by Ian Earl »

message sent nate. Might see you in Kuwait city!
BrianC
Supporter

good luck Mate

Post by BrianC »

Good Luck Ian and look after yourself, at least your escaping snowbound britain for a sun tan.