Why suicide versus capture?

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
Bruno
Supporter

pow

Post by Bruno »

[quote="POW"]All replies in this thread mention the circumstances in Russia as if they were [b]very[/b] evil compared to the situation of POW's held in other coutries. Well, that is not true at all. Are we victims of the western propaganda

The circumstances in Russia were very evil! But so are all POW camps, the Russians suffered terribly in German camps. Since this is a WW2 forum, I am sharing first-hand and second-hand knowledge of German POW's. Perhaps in a vain attempt to educate and perhaps prevent such things from ever happening. However I doubt it, we like to repeat things over and over, as you can see by some of the more chronic puerile posts.
POW
Supporter

Re: pow

Post by POW »

Bruno wrote:The circumstances in Russia were very evil!
Of course the conditions in Russia were bad. But it it not true that the conditions in Russian camps caused much more cases of suicide compared to other countries.
Baltasar
Enthusiast

Post by Baltasar »

I won't bet on that one.
POW
Supporter

Post by POW »

Baltasar wrote:I won't bet on that one.
When refer to the study of the German Red Cross (Zur Geschichte der Kriegsgefangenen im Osten - Band I - III) and the "Maschke Commission" I would bet an that.
C. Udentz

Suicide versus capture?

Post by C. Udentz »

POW,

Is it your intention to excuse the criminality of Soviet animals? And what do you mean by 'western propaganda'.

Tell me what you mean before you cower behind your pamphlets. A German soldier would rather die at his own hand than be humiliated by the scum-of this-earth.

C Udentz.
POW
Supporter

Post by POW »

Well, Mr. Udentz, your message is absolutley idiotic and deserves no answer.