Bursting the Rommel bubble!

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

Post by Willhelm Gruber II »

as someone said earlier, if he did take part in the july plot, he would be a hero, and would have been next chancellor or somthing, i dont think Rommel was an evil man, what he fought for was evil but his personality was pure, if he was a full fledged Nazi Hitler wanna be he would have gladly let the SS into N. Afrika and im glad he didnt because that could have been bad for my uncle

also im guessing Heiz got banned for Anti-Semmetic comments

-God Save the Queen
"Gott Mit Uns"
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

Yes Heinz was banned a while back which was long overdue at the time, but I think he's back under the name HSSPF.
PaulJ
Contributor

Post by PaulJ »

Willhelm Gruber II wrote:... if he did take part in the july plot, he would be a hero, and would have been next chancellor or somthing
Only if the plot suceeded.

I might point out that he did, in fact, take part in the July plot, at least complicitly, or at least the Nazi regime believed he had. Which is precisely why he wound up dead.

Who was it that said "Treason never prospers -- for if it prospers, it be not treason!"
Paul Johnston
Per Ardua ad Astra
http://tactical-airpower.tripod.com
Jugendstrauff

Post by Jugendstrauff »

Rommel was by no means a coward! :evil: He was one of the greatest generals of all time. And kenny, Rommel was not homosexual, and he was not involved in the July Plot. Hitler accused him because the Fuhrer knew that Rommel was as great, or even greater than him. Rommel was a great general and a good man. He was the only German general without any war crimes. I do agree with heinz though that Rommel would not have been as famous if he fought on the eastern front. Sig Heil!!
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

Jugendstrauff wrote:He was the only German general without any war crimes. I do agree with heinz though that Rommel would not have been as famous if he fought on the eastern front. Sig Heil!!
Well that's a bald statement!

best,
Miha
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

michael kenny wrote:Trying to reason with heinz is pointless. Rommel was involved in the July Plt, Rommel tried to kill Hitler, therefore Rommel is :
a madman,
a coward,
a liar,
a thief,
a bad General,
homosexual,
evil incarnate,
ect,ect,ect.

Rommel was not mad, if he was, he would be dead in T4 program :wink:

Rommel was not a coward, how else would he have won World War I German medals as a juinor officer :wink:

Rommel did not lie about his battles, etc :wink:

Rommel did not steal :wink:

Rommel was not a bad general, why else would he have won so many victories in Africa :wink:

Rommel was homosexual, he had a wife and a kid, if you didn't notice :wink:

Rommel was not a evil incarnate, he didn't commit war crimes, and if you think he is evil for participating in 20 July plot, I tell you he didn't, he just knew about and discussed about it, and he was implicated because one of the plotters mentioned Rommel's name under Gestapo torture to save his own skin :wink:

Do you get the nonsense you are saying mate? :(
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

Guys, Michael Kenny was responding sarcastically to what the late and unlamented Heinz Kling said about Rommel. He's not seriously saying Rommel was a coward, liar, traitor, etc.