Grandfather, Fritz Nagorny--Sich.Btl 236

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

jnagorny1

Grandfather, Fritz Nagorny--Sich.Btl 236

Post by jnagorny1 »

Hello all!

I am searching for information regarding my grandfather. He was never heard from again after sometime in 1943. Nothing more is known. I have already contacted WASt, Volksbund, Bundesarchiv, and the German Red Cross looking for information. I have a postcard from my Grandfather to his family at home that was sent from the Eastern Front in Dec. of 1492. The feldpost number is 34928 C. I have a running thread in the Unit Histories, FpNs, OoBs section and the very helpful posters over there say that the feldpost number was assigned to the 2. Company of the Sicherungs-Bataillon 236 in Dec. 1942. I am looking to verify this. I also want to find any and all information regarding this unit as well as what may have happened to my Grandfather (KIA, POW, MIA.....?????). Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason
Brian38
Supporter

Re: Grandfather, Fritz Nagorny--Sich.Btl 236

Post by Brian38 »

jnagorny1 wrote:I have a postcard from my Grandfather to his family at home that was sent from the Eastern Front in Dec. of 1942. The feldpost number is 34928 C. I have a running thread in the Unit Histories, FpNs, OoBs section and the very helpful posters over there say that the feldpost number was assigned to the 2. Company of the Sicherungs-Bataillon 236 in Dec. 1942. I am looking to verify this.
Hi Jason
I can verify the FPN:

34928 C

2. Kompanie / Sicherungs-Bataillon 236,
jnagorny1

Post by jnagorny1 »

Thank you Brian.

Anyone out there have any information for me about this unit?

From the information gathered on my other thread, it seems they were susbordinated first to the 207 Sicherungs-Division(20.3.1942), then to the 285 Sicherungs-Division(8.4.1942), and then to L Armeekorps(August, 1942-Dec. 1942). After that, I cannot find any mention of the 236 Sich.Btl
anywhere.

Anybody have any info after December 1942?

Thanks,
Jason