Charles Woolley

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Paddy Keating

Charles Woolley

Post by Paddy Keating »

Some of you will doubtless know the collector and author Charlie Woolley. He's not a member here or anything but a few of you are bound to know him, know of him or have his books. I got an e-mail from his wife Nancy saying he'd undergone open heart surgey and a triple bypass. This was about a week after I saw them at their occasional place in Maine and fixed their 1952 Ford tractor. Those of you who know them should know about this and drop them a line (PM me for the e-mail if you don't have it) to tell them you're thinking of them because Charlie is one of the old-style gents.

Paddy Keating
Last edited by Paddy Keating on Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beershark
Supporter

Charlie Woolley

Post by Beershark »

Never heard of him, I'm afraid, why not tell us more ? If I have anything in common, I'b be very happy to mail him.. Where's he live in Maine ?
Although a Brit, I do go to Maine several times a year.
Beershark
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

He's an historian and collector whose books on Imperial German and Freikorps uniforms are quite well known. He has also written about American airmen in France in WW2. His father was one. Charlie actually lives in Rochester, VT but they also have a place in Harpswell, ME. I go to Harpswell from time to time as I have a place there myself. Whereabouts in Maine do you go?

PK
Beershark
Supporter

Maine.

Post by Beershark »

I own a ski lodge in Warren, Vermont which I use, along with the loan of other places provided by American pal, as the basis of my many research trips to the US for some books I am writing. When visiting Maine, I go to Bangor a lot where I have many friends, all as a result of the contacts made by an uncle who flew for BOAC after the War ( Bangor was often used as a bad weather diversion/refuelling stop). I am also a frequent visitor to Camden, Rockport and Bar Harbour, where I have share in a cabin cruiser. Do you know Baaaah Harbour ? It's well worth visiting !
Cheers,
Beershark.