British armies WWII an organisational history

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

David W
Patron

British armies WWII an organisational history

Post by David W »

Has anyone read, or got a copy of "The British Armies in WWII, an organisational history" By david A Ryan & David Hughes ?

Is it accurate?

Is it any good?

Constructive critisism welcomed, as I am considering buying a copy (supplement 1 1939 - 1941).
Thanks. Dave.
bradhunter
Supporter

Re: British armies WWII an organisational history

Post by bradhunter »

David W wrote:Has anyone read, or got a copy of "The British Armies in WWII, an organisational history" By david A Ryan & David Hughes ?

Is it accurate?

Is it any good?

Constructive critisism welcomed, as I am considering buying a copy (supplement 1 1939 - 1941).
I have all 8 volumes, and the 4 supplements, and they're nothing short of excellent...I highly recommend the set.

Brad
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Thanks Brad.

Could you give me a taster, and post the info on a random unit, from say 1941, in North Africa.

Cheers :D
Thanks. Dave.
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

David W wrote:Thanks Brad.

Could you give me a taster, and post the info on a random unit, from say 1941, in North Africa.

Hey David, get them from your library, it will give you a better taster
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Sadly they are not available for loan. :(

For reference only, but none in Dorset. :( :( :x
Thanks. Dave.
bradhunter
Supporter

Post by bradhunter »

David W wrote:Thanks Brad.

Sure. Which unit are you interested in?

Brad
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

David W wrote:Sadly they are not available for loan. :(

For reference only, but none in Dorset. :( :( :x
Really even through the Inter Library Loan, Cheshire libraries have them for normal lending. I'm if you requested them you could get them on loan
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Bradhunter.

Any one. It's just out of curiosity at this stage, to see how the info compares to what i may already have.

C.Y.

The local libraries will not lend out books that are in the reference library. Only those in the lending library. :(
Thanks. Dave.
BobM
Supporter

Post by BobM »

Dear David

They are utterly fantastic books and well worth the cash. I'd highly recommend then too - what have you already got?

Cheers

Bob
peregrin

Post by peregrin »

Brad

how are these books organized. My local Library and and 3 university libraries locally don't carry them so I have to try inter-library loan. So i would need to request a specific volume.

TX
bradhunter
Supporter

Post by bradhunter »

peregrin wrote:Brad

how are these books organized. My local Library and and 3 university libraries locally don't carry them so I have to try inter-library loan. So i would need to request a specific volume.

TX
Go to http://home.fuse.net/nafziger/ - this site offers the books, and has all of the information that you need.

Hope this helps,

Brad