The Masur Soap Confession (not a revisionist thread)

Objective research on factual information regarding German military related warcrimes.
mvonb
Supporter

The Masur Soap Confession (not a revisionist thread)

Post by mvonb »

Having used the internet to research my family tree and German relatives, I often come across a senior laboratory assistant with the same surname as me, von Bargen.

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:7H ... cd=3&gl=uk

His first name is never given in any transcript and I was wondering if anyone with further knowledge of the Nürnberg trials knew this for a fact. He is said to have originated from Kiel, the birthplace of another relative of mine, Hstf. Otto von Bargen.

http://scouseontoast.blogspot.com/2007/ ... argen.html

MfG

Martin von Bargen
Fat people are hard to kidnap

Image Visit my blog
phylo_roadking
Patron

Re: The Masur Soap Confession (not a revisionist thread)

Post by phylo_roadking »

Moderator's note - I'd like to see this discussed WITHOUT reference to the Holocaust elements of the confession posted to. Obviously Martin is looking for any possible detail on the name and any possible familial connection. Restrict yourselves to that...I wouldn't want to have to close the thread.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
mvonb
Supporter

Re: The Masur Soap Confession (not a revisionist thread)

Post by mvonb »

phylo_roadking wrote:Moderator's note - I'd like to see this discussed WITHOUT reference to the Holocaust elements of the confession posted to. Obviously Martin is looking for any possible detail on the name and any possible familial connection. Restrict yourselves to that...I wouldn't want to have to close the thread.
I've seen this discussed on other forums and each time it turns into a slanging match. Thanks for the pre warning, as it is just my intention to find out the lab tech's name. Possibly the worst 'debate' was from 2003 with two guys whose egos clashed over the US state school chemistry programme and soap production in high schools.

Having been a (fairly lurking) member of Feldgrau for quite some time, I am aware of how fraught this topic can be and how this forum handles people with 'fringe' thinking. I am also related to the late Werner von Bargen, who stood trial at Nürnberg and later worked for the German foreign ministry. So I am no stranger to the skeletons in the family's closet. As a physiologist myself I find the whole soap debate immensely interesting, as I feel science/medicine can be debated in an atmosphere divorced from emotional involvement.

MfG

Martin
Fat people are hard to kidnap

Image Visit my blog