Heeresmusikkorps 6, Hamburg (1956 - 1992)

Bundeswehr, DDR and military related discussions on the German armed forces post-1945 to today.
panzermahn
Associate

Heeresmusikkorps 6, Hamburg (1956 - 1992)

Post by panzermahn »

Hello Feldgrauans

Of all German military bands, I loved the most is the famed Heeresmusikkorps 6, Hamburg (formerly Musikkorps 6 der Bundeswehr, affliated with 6th Panzergrenadier Division) which was led by the majestic Oberstleutnant Gerhard Scholz (passed away in 1991) during the early years and then Major Johannes Schade (still alive). Heeremusikkorps 6 performed the best ever military music perfomance of all times in Drei Lilien, drei Lilien...Grosses Soldatenlieder potpourri (1959). Anyone heard this recording would be amazed by the musical arrangement.

Another recording would be Ein Lied...Drei..Vier (1970) conducted and arranged by Major Johannes Schade which I think is the 2nd best ever military music performance by HMK 6

regards
Panzermahn
benherrmann

speaking of this, where can I get some of these CD's

Post by benherrmann »

I am desperately trying to find updated Bundeswehr music CD's - with an outlet perhaps, here in the US. I know that the German market has tons of them for sale, but getting them here in the states seems almost impossible - or at a best case scenario, only a few may be available.

If anyone has an outlet where one can order these, I'd appreciate a link or so. My email is: [email protected]
panzermahn
Associate

Re: Heeresmusikkorps 6, Hamburg (1956 - 1992)

Post by panzermahn »

Most of the 60s and 70s march music were recorded in shellacs. I am not sure if Bundeswehr had ever digitized their recording collection.

Back in the 70s, there was a huge musical project where Major Johannes Schade (HMK 6) and Major Hans Friess (HMK 11) planned to record all German march music, folk music dated back from the Second Reich (1870 was the year Germany was formed). However it was realised that even that there were too much march music and this project was never completed

Panzermahn
benherrmann

Actually, there are quite a few modern...

Post by benherrmann »

recordings that have been released (over 3 dozen) by various Bundeswehr bands over the past several years. They can be found everywhere in Germany, but trying to get them over here is another matter. I can purchase historical releases - that's not a problem. The reason I'm so interested is that the Bundeswehr is now transitioning music-wise to a more "traditional" German military sound - similar to what the NVA and WW II German bands were accustomed to. This is most likely due to the unification of East and West Germany and absorption of the East German Military into the current armed forces there.

So if I just had a US outlet where I could order these, I'd be set. Thanks for your comments....