Feldgrau Author: David H. Lippman

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
Kiwiwriter

Feldgrau Author: David H. Lippman

Post by Kiwiwriter »

Dear Friends:

As you may know, my web page, “World War II Plus 55,” is no longer on the web, since the death of my webmaster, Howard Wright, in August 2013.

Since then, I have reviewed the fate and future of this project, which was rendered overtaken by time and non-existent by mortality.

I have turned into what will become a series of E-books, a day-by-day history of World War II, timed to the conflict’s 75th anniversary, using my original material (to which I retain the copyright), and substantially expanding and rewriting it, to address errors, include additional information and characters, and generally make it more interesting, and finally earn a buck off of it.

The advantage of self-publishing is that I can bypass the world of agents and am not restricted by space and time. The disadvantage is that it’s hard to market one’s own work. Nevertheless, I am going to try.

Fans of the German military will find these volumes jammed with stories and information about the German war effort, from top to bottom. While much space is given to the familiar German faces of World War II, like Hitler, Rommel, Doenitz, Goering, and Guderian, we will also read about mid-range generals like Sepp Dietrich and Kurt Meyer, and lower-ranking warriors like Hans Von Luck, Siegfried Knappe, and Bernhard Rogge. Famous German units like JG 26, warships like Tirpita, Bismarck, and Scharnhorst will be followed, as well as some unique ones like Atlantis, Pinguin, and U-505. There will also be a lot in the books on the German home front, and how the average Germans coped with war abroad or shortages and bombing at home.

Consequently, my book, “World War II Plus 75 – The Road to War,” is now available as of this instant, from the Smashwords Premium Catalogue, at the weblink listed below, for $3.99. The first volume is 850 pages, and future volumes will cover the war in a day-by-day format, from September 1, 1939, to September 2, 1945, all based on my award-winning series.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/497161

Smashwords Books can also be found on major online retailers such as Apple (distribution to iBooks stores in 51 countries), Barnes & Noble (US and UK), Scribd, Oyster, Kobo, OverDrive (world's largest library ebook platform serving 20,000+ libraries), Flipkart (New September 29, 2013: India's largest online bookseller), Baker & Taylor (Blio and the Axis360 library service), Page Foundry (operates retail sites Inktera.com andVersent.com; and operates Android ebook store apps for Cricket Wireless and Asus), and other distribution outlets coming soon. Additionally, Kobo powers the ebook stores of multiple ebook retailers around the world. Simply by distributing to Kobo via Smashwords, your books will also reach WH Smith in the UK, FNAC in France and Portugul, Livraria Cultura in Brazil, Angus & Robertson in Australia,Bookworld in Australia, Indigo in Canada, Collins in Australia, Feltrinelli in Italy, Libris in the Netherlands, Paper Plus in New Zealand,Play in Great Britain, Rakuten in Japan, Buy.com (now Rakuten) in the US, Whitcoulls in New Zealand, and more.

It is also available on an even bigger platform – “World War II Plus 75 – The Road to War,” is now available as of this instant, on Amazon, at:

http://www.amazon.com/World-Plus-Road-D ... +h+lippman

The book’s price is $5.49. Please leave comments and reviews.

For comments, discussion, and criticism, visit my Facebook page “World War II Plus 55,” at https://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Wa ... page_panel
"Ich hatte ein Kamerad...."