Feldgrau Author: Kevin Fish

Discussion, background, reviews, and critical analysis of works by Feldgrau.net members who are published authors.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Feldgrau Author: Kevin Fish

Post by John P. Moore »

Kevin Fish announces the publication of his new book and is requesting comments from Feldgrau members who have read his book.

John

Full Title: Panzer Regiment 8 in World War II: Poland. France. North Africa
Published by: Schiffer Pub, Release date; scheduled Sept 2008, actual Nov 2008.
ISBN:978-0-7643-3087-2
Author: Kevin Fish
Price: 59.99
Book is primarily text, 300 pages, large format and covers the History of the Panzer Regiment from 1936-1943.
The book provides a lot of first hand accounts from all three campaigns. There are over 170 photos and 20 maps (Thanks to Tom Houlihan)
The book is not designed to be a lot of fluff, simply a book to tell the story of this proud regiment. I have hoped to give a good impression of the battles fought and back them up with combat reports and first hand accounts. I think I did a pretty good job with the book, especially for a 1st timer. I think I have included a lot of good stuff, especially Africa. I tried to tell the story from the point of view of the regiment, a tactical view, and its participation in the battles they fought in and not to give a strategic view of these campaigns.

Of course time, and the reader will let me know if I have done a good job, I hope I have done the veterans proud.

KevinFish
Rohrdorf Germany
Fish
Supporter

Private message
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Re: Feldgrau Author: Kevin Fish

Post by John P. Moore »

It has been over a year since this topic was first posted here as as "Sticky". Since then there have been 0 posts from other Feldgrau members or the author, Kevin Fish. Has anyone read this book and can they offer an opinion about it? Does Keven Fish wish to make any comments? I am wondering if such topics should remain as a "Sticky" when a lengthy period of time goes by with no activity on the topic as it is common practise on some sites to change such topics to "Standard Topics".

John
Fish
Contributor

Post by Fish »

Thanks for the update John. Well it seems that there has been little interest in this book on the forum. That being said, the current economic situation certainly has not helped with the sale of a costly book. (Best bargain is thru Amazon)
I have received a few emails over the past year and have gotten a few good write ups about the book. I still believe this is an excellent unit history and is well worth the price, especially if you have an interest in the early war years and the DAK.
Just to let you all know, I am currently working on a few other projects with Schiffer, but they have been slow to respond. I hope to get out a couple of follow-up photographic histories of the Regiment since I have so many photos. These projects should be of interest to those that have an interest in North Africa and the early years.

If anyone knows the best place to get a review written up in various WWII magazines please let me know.

Please feel free to make comments or ask questions. Your comments are very important as I work on future books.
v/r
Kevin
Fish
Rohrdorf Germany
dgc47

Post by dgc47 »

After reading the comments on this book, I looked on Amazon.co.uk and found it still available:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... Regiment+8

There is also encouraging feedback from someone who purchased it.

Although listed at £47.18 ($79.07 as at June 1st 2014) there are other buying options listed on the Amazon page from other outlets. A NEW copy from one of the Outlets is going for £27.85 ($46.67). An excellent bargain.

It's in my wish list now and I'll be looking to buying it soon.