Where's Adolf???

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
Troy Tempest
Enthusiast

Re: Where's Adolf???

Post by Troy Tempest »

So what's the upshot of this since the thread was started? Any new news? Is it official now, he DIDN'T die in the bunker?
Hello from sunny Port Macquarie
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

I really do find these stories quite absurd. If only people could just accept Hitler killed himself in his bunker and had his body burned afterwards. Besides, was it even physically possible for him to escape?
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

If only people could just accept Hitler killed himself in his bunker and had his body burned afterwards.
IIRC Hitler was quite clear that he would never let the Russians have his body. That, together with the many differing accounts of the cremation from witnesses who didn't see others who said they were there, some who said his body was identifiable, others who only identified the cadaver as Hitler's by the TROUSERS etc., contradicting times and dates etc. - would make me think a great "shell game" was played so that whatever body was recovered where in whatever condition by the Russians - it wouldn't be Hitler's :wink:
Besides, was it even physically possible for him to escape?
Actually - yes, there were tunnels connecting to the Bunker leading off towards the Spree....the factlet that gave rise to the excreble "OpJB"; Hanna Reitsch and Ritter von Greim DID manage to fly out, Bormann et al did make it out of the Bunker via the city's railway tunnels...
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
L. Kafka
Enthusiast

Can you imagine having Hitler for a coworker?...

Post by L. Kafka »

We've all probably had some crushing bore/egocentric-type in our workplaces, if not in our families. These are the types that lack spontaneity in their personas while seeming to have scripted replies in conversations. They also are not quick or responsive at all to quips, wisecracks, or jokes.

For some of us, these types are called "dates" or "spouses." :wink:
"What are they going to do, send me to Vietnam?"
A oft heard GI refrain in Vietnam in '68.
Jager1945

Post by Jager1945 »

Phylo,

Didn't they find Bormann's remains in Berlin in the 1970s, I think I remember reading? And substantiated in the 1990s?

Even with the "Red Clay" vs "Yellow Clay" issue, what is the consensue here at Feldgrau? Conspiracy Theory or Political Whitewash?

Best,

-Jaeger
Jaeger

‘There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.’ - Heinz Guderian
statemachine
Contributor

Post by statemachine »

Alex Coles wrote:I really do find these stories quite absurd. If only people could just accept Hitler killed himself in his bunker and had his body burned afterwards. Besides, was it even physically possible for him to escape?
Why should people accept anything that the authorities put forward?No DNA,no proof.
An unbreakable man