History project for school.

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
D_Dutch
Supporter

History project for school.

Post by D_Dutch »

Hello,

This year for school we have a very large project, everybody could decide what subject and I choose The Second World War.
To be more precise; "How was the German army organized and what were their results in combat?"
I have to write approx. 100 pages about this subject, I'm quite exited to do this.
But, there are certain things that I just can't do, which really frustrate me.
In the project it would also be very interresting to include some stories of real German veterans, but I don't know where to start.
I only have documents of soldiers who have died, who are untraceable, or who don't want contact with me. (I do respect and understand that though.)
I know that there are enough stories on the internet but, It would be a really big experience to actually get in contact with a German veteran and that he tells me his own story of the war.
Is there anyone who know veterans who are open for this?
I make no difference between ordinary soldiers and high ranking officers, everyone is a veteran, no matter what they did.
I have looked for veteran associations of several Divisions, but I can't find them.
Is there any information of a association of the 702. Infanterie-Division, 34. Infanterie-Division or 65. Panzer-Abteilung?
Furthermore, I also have a couple of books about The Second World War, but is there anyone who could really reccomend books about the organisation of the German Army? (Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine and Waffen/Allgemeine SS.)
At last, I would also like to have some colorized photo's to show during my presentation of the project, although I tried this many times, It just doesn't look very realistic, and I was hoping someone could help me with this. (I am prepared to pay for this though.)
I would really appreciate it if there is anyone who would be willing me to give any kind of information of could help me with colorizing the photo's that I have.

With kind regards,

Koen.
Paulus II
Patron

Re: History project for school.

Post by Paulus II »

Hi Koen,

Concerning the organisation of the Wehrmacht you will find a lot of information on http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de
Their information is mostly taken from the work by Georg Tessin "Verbaende und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939-1945". The first volume gives extensive info on the organisation.

About the colourized pictures.....there are quite a few colour pictures around on the net. http://www.ww2incolor.com has some very nice ones, hidden among a ton of black and white photo's so you will need to look through the site to find them.

Hope that helps along a bit, best regards,

Paul