Verteidigungsbereich Berlin, Abt. Ia op Nr. 400/45 g. vom 19

Feldgrau's WWII operational map project, map research, archives, tools and techniques, and research requests.

Moderator: Abicht

Werter
Supporter

Verteidigungsbereich Berlin, Abt. Ia op Nr. 400/45 g. vom 19

Post by Werter »

Gentlemen, has anyone a document as Verteidigungsbereich Berlin, Abt. Ia op Nr. 400/45 g. vom 1945.09.03 mit Anlagen? Can you give me a copy of this document?
I have Russian version of this document, but not original.

Best regards
Ivan
WIR
KAPITULIEREN
NIE!
Stephan H.
Contributor

Re: Verteidigungsbereich Berlin, Abt. Ia op Nr. 400/45 g. vom 19

Post by Stephan H. »

The original is in a Luftwaffe file at BA-MA. However, you can see the entire order on page 19-47 of Der Todeskampf Der Reichshauptstadt published by Chronos in 1994. It is a very dry planning document, probably the only one Reymann published before the battle.
Werter
Supporter

Post by Werter »

Thanks Stephan :up:

May I ask U: can U scan German version of this document for me (if it is not difficult for U)?

I have read this document (russian version from TsAMO) and I agree with you that it is small enough informative. Unfortunately I could not find a sufficient number of documents describing the engineering and fortification equipment Fortress Berlin. The most informative document on this issue are reports of the Conference of 1 st Belorussian Front on the results of the Berlin operation. However, it is too one-sided view on this issue, I would like to read anything else regarding this issue.
Diaries of Reimann and Refior also can not be fully considered objective sources, because Information contained in these written by men interested in, hence is not objective.

Cheers,
Ivan
WIR
KAPITULIEREN
NIE!
Stephan H.
Contributor

Post by Stephan H. »

I don't have the original German document. Once I identified it in BA-MA, it was pointed out to me that I could obtain it more easily by spending 8 Euro on the Chronos book, which I did.

I'll look back through my BA-MA correspondance to try and find the record reference and post it here.
Werter
Supporter

Post by Werter »

I found

BA-MA RL 2 II / 20

Verteidigung des Reiches (Wehrmacht).- Verteidigung der Reichshauptstadt Berlin (Grundsätzlicher Befehl für die Vorbereitungen - Verteidigungsbereich Berlin, Abt. Ia op Nr. 400/45 g. vom 9.3.1945 mit Anlagen)
(Anlagen nur bei RL 2 II/20 D)
enthält:
Allgemeines, Kampfführung, Waffen-
gattungen, Sonstiges
Anlagen:
Anlage 2: Stichwort, Durchgabe,
Bedeutung, Auswirkung,
Anlage 3: Stützpunkte,
Anlage 4: Verzeichnis der Hauptdurchgangs-
und Verbindungsstraßen,
Anlage 5: Versprengten-Sammelstellen,
Anlage 6: Muster der Tagesmeldung,