Stoumont, Be. December, 1944

Feldgrau's WWII operational map project, map research, archives, tools and techniques, and research requests.

Moderator: Abicht

Dennis Strand

Stoumont, Be. December, 1944

Post by Dennis Strand »

Greeting to you all.
I am a "newbie". Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dennis Strand. I am in search of information on the Battle at Stoumont, December 19th (+-). The reason(s) are my Father may have been there with the 1/119th Reg. of 30th Inf. Div. I am trying to formulate a picture of what he experienced. With that is the open door to the entire picture of that day. Upon study of the "official" U.S. accounts, I am left somewhat skeptical of the events, and how the day unfolded. I have placed and order for "Duel in the Mist". I can't wait to wrap my hands around it.
I don't have much to go on. Any and all ideas, directions, files, downloads, anything that will help me with that day, I will surely welcome.
I began this as a way to learn of my fathers role and his experiences in the war. As in all things, there is a "tie that binds" and all is connected. A clear picture cannot be gained without all the evidence being uncovered.
I thank all that may be of assistance.
Sincerely,
Dennis Strand
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

Hello Dennis,
Maybe, you know the link, but it seems very interresting for your search.:
http://www.criba.be/index.php?option=co ... 6&Itemid=4
Regards from Belgium
Prosper :wink:
Simon V.
Supporter

Post by Simon V. »

Duel in the mist will most probably be available at the end of this month. It contains a lot of usefull information!

Regards
Simon Vosters
Simon H
Associate

Re: Stoumont, Be. December, 1944

Post by Simon H »

Looking forward to getting hold of a copy of Duel in th Mist 2, when it's released... :[]
Simon Harrold

WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken decoded.