Rebuttal to Myth of the Eastern Front is forthcoming...

A place to relocate messages and threads that should be deleted.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Re: Rebuttal to Myth of the Eastern Front is forthcoming...

Post by phylo_roadking »

Your opinion and mine might differ on that, Sid - but then again, I'm going on Jason's words at the top of the thread - "I plan" as opposed to "I will".

"I plan..." is open-ended - remember what Robert Burns had to say of plans in relation to humans and rodents...and in THIS case also involved several weeks testing and carrying out the site upgrade. You may have noticed that.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Phylo,

I have no problem with announced "plans" changing, for whatever reason, but it would be helpful if we were told.

Cheers,

Sid.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

And I have not been indignant about anything. In fact I find it strange that a few select people here and on AHF (mainly people that appear to have an issue with Feldgrau in general) seem to themselves be indignant over the lack of my rebuttal. I'm certainly pleased that my response is so warmly anticipated on this matter, but as I have said before and as I have said again (and Phylo has reiterated) there are larger issues at play now that make a lengthy rebuttal more problematic. Even if legal issues were not on the table I want to give the authors time to respond to my concerns even if they didn't do the same to me originally. I spoke to both authors and believe it or not they were actually very friendly on the phone. Both travel extensively though and when we chatted they were both in South America. At any rate I will post a brief outline of the issues in this book so people understand what the concerns are but I can't get into great detail for the reasons I have stated.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

The friendly ones are sometimes the worst, Jason...
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Jason,

Thanks.

Sid.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

Why are you so interested, Sid?

PK
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Paddy,

Because, despite all the controversy here about this book, very few of those offering opinions on it have actually read it.

Jason has not only read it, but is directly mentioned by it. His take therefore has particular value.

I fully understand that, if this is currently sub judice, he cannot put up a full rebuttal at present, but it remains unfinished business.

Cheers,

Sid.