WW2 NEWSPAPER

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
GERMANIAJIM

WW2 NEWSPAPER

Post by GERMANIAJIM »

I have a ww two newspaper from the Vancouver Sun dated tuesday August l4,1945, It is comprised of an eight page edition featuring the atom bomb in Japan . On the ffront In letters half as big as the entire fold out page which says "PEACE" Inside it has photos of nearly everyone whos anybody in the two theattres of war. Theres Douglas MacArthur, Kai chek, Churchill, Stalin, several of him, Roosevelt, Truman, Enola Gay, Uss carrier Franklin, Hitler, Goering, Himmler , Ribbentrop, Doenitz, Goebbels, Mussolini, Ciano,Tojo, a pic of Jodl signing the surrender, Hirohito,Admiral Suzuki, Mountbatten, Halsy,Nimitz, a Canadian cruiser called Uganda?' and local shots of chinatown and a few local soldier, the only canadian who won the VC, Posthumastely, and Marshal Vasilevsky. What is interesting is at this point they still haven't heard from the Battle ship that carried the bomb. because it's been sunk by a jap uboat and it s sailors are being eaten by sharks. Can't remember that ship's name. The only pic I don't see is one of Ike. But who cares, I didn't like him anyways. The last page is a thirteen by sixteen inch shot of an aerial pic of Hiroshima after the August sixth episode. It says it is from 25,000 feet up. I guess it was remarkable for that time period. The letters in the front are red and are six inches high by sixteen inches PEACE. I wonder what it is worth, It is yellowed of course, but everything is legible and there are only frayed edges from sixty odd years. It has a quarter folds in it but nothing that cannot be framed, it is in excellent condition i must say. I know it to be original by the way. I can trace the ownership, my grampa to me. how is that?