Book wanted-Trail of the Tigers.

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
nomis

Book wanted-Trail of the Tigers.

Post by nomis »

I am searching for a copy of a book by Ron Klages [ 2002 ] called 'Trail of the Tigers' , 134pp ,which traces the history/destruction of all production Tiger tanks.
I have tried all the usual WEB based military book outlets without success. Any useful assistance in tracking down a copy for the UK would be much appreciated,

Regards, Simon Fuller.
C.GILLONO
Supporter

Re: Book wanted-Trail of the Tigers.

Post by C.GILLONO »

The book was privately published by the late Ron Klages, so you need some luck to find one second-hand copy.
Sorry, I don't sell mine!
HTH
Amateurs talk tactics, historians study logistics, but what about amateur historians?
nomis

Post by nomis »

You're not kiddin'.

Any chance i could buy a photocopy?????????

SF.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Is there anyone here that lived near Ron? I'm wondering if there's a chance of contacting the family, and getting permission to reprint it? Republish?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
nomis

Post by nomis »

Tom Petteys from ABERDEEN BOOKS [ [email protected] ] would like to get permission to reprint this book but has no copyright or contact details. I guess he would need a copy of the book as well.
Can anyone help in this respect and maybe email him direct.

Obviously, i am still searching for a used copy myself if anyone has the resource,

Thanks, Simon Fuller.

As a new member, if anyone is interested, i am a designer, read prolifically on WW2 german perspective of events and have a special place in my heart for armour. Just learning to drive 1/4 Tiger 1 and my blood bubbles when the real one crawls past 4feet away.
nomis

Post by nomis »

It's me again,

I note in scrolling through past postings there have been other requests for copies of this book[let] ,even one earlier this year.

Did anyone have a successful search, does anyone know how many were sold/printed.

Suggestions greatfully accepted,

Simon F.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Tom Houlihan wrote:Is there anyone here that lived near Ron? I'm wondering if there's a chance of contacting the family, and getting permission to reprint it? Republish?

Well, dummy me finally remembered that a friend of Ron's was the one that advised us of his passing. So, I dug up the thread, and just sent an e-mail. When I hear anything, I'll keep you all posted.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
nomis

Post by nomis »

Tom,

Many thanks for your time, any news would be great.

SF.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Well, I've got mine!!! Bwahahaha...

No sweat. I'd like to see more of Ron's work spreading around. It's a good legacy.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
scoot266

Post by scoot266 »

To all,

Ron was a family friend and I am trying to contact his wife for more information on Trail of the Tigers and also his book on American fighter aces.

I will let you know as soon as I have any information.

Scott W Hamilton
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Hey Guys, I have "Trail of the Tigers", with a personal note from Ron. I'll be happy to answer any short question, but I will never, ever photocopy the booklet and break Ron's copyright, the profits from which I assume goes to his survivors.

In fact, I'm here to say that anyone who does so, deserves the united condemnation of every student of German Armor. Had Ron desired his work on this book to be "public property", he would have posted it on a forum, as he did all of his panzer distribution lists (to our ever-lasting benefit!!!!).

Any other approach to "Trail of the Tigers" is, to me, simply unacceptable and immoral.

Bestens,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

I too have a short note from Ron in my copy.

I second David's sentiments on Ron's copyright. Anyone who violates it should be condemned and shunned. It's wrong to begin with, and he was one of us.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
michael kenny
Associate

Post by michael kenny »

The booklet Ron produced was compiled using the loss notations in TIC I/II. If you have those 2 books then you have the information in Ron's book.
I spend a lot of time trying to track down obscure long out-of-print books If I could find photocopies of these works I would not hesitate for a second. Anyone have a source for the many British Unit Histories printed in 1945/46?
It is a 2 way street. A lot of original information I have uncovered I post on the net. I see it all over the place now and it does not bother me in the slightest.
nomis

Post by nomis »

It's only me,

I note the comment about copying and putting published work on a public forum.
Firstly, apology for possibly offending anyone, i questioned copying earlier as it had been commented to me by a previous seller. I am not familiar with copyright law and am not aware that ,as the Auther is sadly dead, the same rules apply unless it specifically states there are to be future benefitiaries after death.I have learned something.
B, all printed works,and many others put into the written word were done so specifically so that others may benefit from anothers' knowledge,expertise,or imagination,depending upon the subject matter. Otherwise the Auther would simply have kept it to themselves.
seven, I have not joined a forum myself previously,just viewed what others discuss on subjects i am interested in. I have viewed a lot of this sites discussion and have been pleasantly surprised at the general level of discussion and understanding between people of many countries,cultures and religions.
The one thing that put me off in the past ,viewing other sites on other interests ,is that there is always some smug,arrogant idiot who is more interested in putting people down rather than using thier own vast wealth of knowledge to help.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

MIchael, I understand your point, but there's a difference between posting long unseen data, and photocopying a book that's only a few years old. The reference page in Ron's book mentions a wee bit more than TIC I/II. If all he did was rewrite someone else's information in a more readable format, that might be different. But, there's a little more to it.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us