New Waffen SS novel

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
ottokrueger

New Waffen SS novel

Post by ottokrueger »

A Motorcycle Venture Away from Totalitarianism: "Fleeing the Children's Crusade" Is a Must Read for the History Buff or Anti-War Pacifist

BUY NOW AT travisgodbold.tripod.com

Jump onto the saddle, hold on, and don't let go, for this cycle is headed away from evil and into freedom. Otto Krueger, a Waffen SS recruit, begins to question his Nazi ideology after he witnesses the pure evils of power excess and extreme fascism.

(PRWEB) November 13, 2005 -- Are you a reader wishing to read a novel about totalitarianism not from the liberators side, which is most common in current novels, but from the almost unspeakable perspective of the enemies, where many were too indoctrinated by their beliefs to realize their actions were heinous?

Comments on "Fleeing the Children's Crusade" by fellow readers and accomplished authors:

"Such a controversial, yet enlightening work of literature, needs to be read by all the disenchanted and directionless youth of this era" - Ron Carlson, Arizona State University Regents Professor of English, host on Channel 8 Books & Co, and author of, Plan B for the Middle Class, Truants, The Hotel Eden, At the Jim Bridger, and A Kind Of Flying

“A stunning achievement of war realism, the novel takes the reader into the depths of fascism and extreme totalitarianism and show’s us an escape from its evils.” Dr. Michael Brentford

“A remarkable and imaginative book. I’ve never read such a book like it. The author is in Nazi Germany and tells us what he sees through the eyes of a dissenting Waffen SS soldier who refuses to take the next step into manhood or should I say, total indoctrination into the Nazi ideal. A must read. There is not a novel like this out there with such a true and deep meaning. This is big.” Joseph Sotello

Word War II and the final collapse of Hitler's Nazi Empire form the backdrop to "Fleeing the Children's Crusade," an anti-war novel.

At its center are Otto Krueger, a seventeen year old soldier who cannot handle manhood and its obligations; Hermann Schuler, a boy who gets revenge on his cheating mother by throwing himself into battle without personal regard to his own safety; and Vera, a Yugoslav partisan who is saved from rape and the horrors of totalitarianism. As the story follows two German soldiers experiences through basic training, leave, the rigors of combat, and escape from their horrible predicament, it closely chronicles the confusion and comraderie that arise from war.

Buy now at travisgodbold.tripod.com

The novel is available at Amazon, put "Fleeing the Children's Crusade" in a search engine and you will go to my site.
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

..... any historical accuracy though? just my 2 cents.. :D

helmut
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

Helmut, you are spamming badly. If you have nothing but spam then don't post. It's a waste of forum space.
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

17 SS Panzer Grenadier wrote:Helmut, you are spamming badly. If you have nothing but spam then don't post. It's a waste of forum space.
hi, how am I spamming? I made perfectly normal posts all the time, etc about Hohenstauffen in "Bridge too far", etc. but, keep on topic. :( :D

helmut
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

You should try actually contributing. Look at the amount of posts i've done and i've been on since June 2005, and then compare to you Nov 2005 thats spamming.

The reason why you are spamming is because you are writing little posts of no relevance to the topic. (hardly)
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

17 SS Panzer Grenadier wrote:You should try actually contributing. Look at the amount of posts i've done and i've been on since June 2005, and then compare to you Nov 2005 thats spamming.
The reason why you are spamming is because you are writing little posts of no relevance to the topic. (hardly)
Hi,
Why agressing Helmut?
He is an enthousiastic member who is doing is best to participate.
OK, he from time to time posts stuff with little contribution, he tends to jump to quick conclusions, and so on, so what?

Are you a Moderator?
NO.
So, leave him alone and let the Moderators do their job if they feel it's appropriate.

As long as he don't post anything of Neo-Nazi or Denialist obedience, we, simple members don't have to interfere.
And even if he was, don't interfere here, send a PM to Jason or any one of the moderating team to alert them.
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

17SS, what Helmut posted above isn't spam. It is a legitimate question. I will admit that I personally could do without the "my two cents" on every single post, but he isn't really spamming.

Something else I need to point out, that should be a reminder for the rest of you. If you have a problem with another poster's behavior, it is not your responsibility to confront him openly like this.

You have the option to politely address your concerns to that poster by PM, but a better option is to bring the situation to the attention of the moderating staff. We can then take a look, and see if any action is needed.

Open confrontations like this can lead to situations we are really trying to get away from. Danke!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Tom wrote:it is not your responsibility to confront him openly like this
Hi Tom,
Thanks
:D
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Landserstudent
Supporter

Re: New Waffen SS novel

Post by Landserstudent »

The "unspeakable" perspective,of the Waffen SS, or the German side?

Let me hopefully constructively point out that between such iconic
chronicles as "Wenn Alle Brueder Schweigen" and "Band of Brothers",
there's a lot of territory in between.

There were Waffen SS, particularly near the end of the war,and from other
Euro nations, that were not your "Hollywood" prototype, pro or antiwar.

We don't need any more "Inglorious Basterds" bullshit either.

Guenter Grass himself served in the Waffen SS--for real. Read his book.