GESTAPO OR SD OPERATIONS IN SWEDEN 1943

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
GPDYER

GESTAPO OR SD OPERATIONS IN SWEDEN 1943

Post by GPDYER »

I am doing some research for a novel in which many scenes take place in Stockholm, Sweden in 1943. I am aware that the Abwehr had a Kreigsorganization (KO) in Sweden, but did the Gestapo or SD have operatives in Sweden also? I can't seem to find any confirmation of their presence. Any help would be appreciated.
lwd
Enthusiast

Re: GESTAPO OR SD OPERATIONS IN SWEDEN 1943

Post by lwd »

Far from an expert here but I thought the Gestapo was internal security. I would expect most if not all efforts in Sweden to fall under Abwehr purview
GPDYER

Post by GPDYER »

Thanks much.
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

For the Abwehr in Sweden have a look over here:
viewtopic.php?t=22970
Kindly regards from Belgium
Prosper :wink: :wink:
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

My uncle made a wartime trip to Sweden but I think it was in 44 or 45. I remember him saying that there were two customs lines one for his crew and one for German speakers. I also remember him saying by that point in time the Swedes had split the hotels and restaurants in Stockholm into two groups. They ranked them and put the odd numbered restaurants and even numbered hotels in one group and visa versa with the allies allocated to one group and axis to the other. This was apparently due to some altercations between the two earlier. He did meet up with a friend who was interned there as well. Said the Swedes were very correct with most internees (Norwegians being the exception).

Not sure how relevant this was but hopefully it will be of some use.
GPDYER

Post by GPDYER »

Thanks to Prosper and lwd.