What do you collect?

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
charlie don't surf
Associate

What do you collect?

Post by charlie don't surf »

Hi everyone, I thought I might start a thread where everone can tell about what they collect and perhaps even establish new contacts.

Personally I collect mainly one thing, signed as unsigned, original as repro pictures of:

*Holders of the tank destruction badge (das panzervernichtungsabzeichen)

So, how about you?

Best regards/ Daniel
Last edited by charlie don't surf on Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adrian
Supporter

Post by adrian »

Well as a matter of interst, I collect spare parts for Bren Gun Carriers.
I have a shed full of them. Mostly useless,some practical, all of them loved and cherished!

Occasionally I get excited and stick them in their correct position on the 'old girl'! Its a labour of love!

Speaking of which, has anyone seen a spare gearbox off a 1940 Ford Commercial? Its a 3ton truck of which the driveline was fitted into the Carrier Universal Mk2* Aust. Anyone?

adrian
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Good Luck Adrian!!! ---Hey, an idea :idea: ! Why not repost what you're looking for in the Vehicle Collection Point Thread?

Hi Daniel, I collect books and models, as you know. I just won a kit of the French Battlecruiser "Strasbourg" and can't wait for her to arrive!!!
Best Regards, David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
karltrowitz
Supporter

Post by karltrowitz »

I collect virtuallyanything german from the third reich period.Militaria,stamps,postcards etc, etc.The two star items in my collection are a signed photo of Hermann Goring and a turret hatch off a panther tank( it definately belonged to the 2nd SS panzer division "das reich") that I dug up in Normandy back in 1996.
MG42
Supporter

Post by MG42 »

I collect whatever militaria that takes my fancy. I don't have loads only a few select items as follows:
  • Ostfront Medal
    Black Wound Badge
    Iron Cross 2nd Class with Citation
    De-activated Kar98 (British Law that is is deactivated)
    Hitler Youth membership badge
    Hitler Youth Knife (blade stamped Blut Und Ehre!)
    and for me the cream of the crop...an SS Collar Tab
As I said not a lot of stuff but all 100% genuine. Next on my list is a deactivated MG-34 or 42 and any kind of helmet.
Regards
MG
Craig
Banned

Post by Craig »

I collect toe-nail clippings.

I have a vast collection comprising approx. 5,000 pieces!

I have several from famous sporting personalities including a complete set from Andre Agassi!

I also have one from Winston Churchill and one of the Queen Mothers.

The pride of the entire collection is a corn from the left big toe of the Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler.

Cheers
HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE FASTEST RUNNER!
RSW

Post by RSW »

I collect german tank photos and albums, death notices and grievance letters sent to next of kin. I enjoy researching the notices and trying to locate where these soldiers are buried. Currently I have around 300+ notices and have successfully researched 7 of them. I am also learning German as a result of the research.
My collection is increasing and I am always looking for that next "treasure" to add to my lot.
My wife just shakes her head when I have my collection out and I am working on it, I guess you could say that when I have my "stuff" out, I am in the zone!
Best regards,
Robert :D
britfish

Post by britfish »

Guns Im afriad,,,

So far just an MG 42 a PPSH 41, An M1 Thompson and a Moisin Nagant Rifle.......
Craig
Banned

Post by Craig »

Nothing wrong with guns Britfish!

I have a K98, a .303, a Bentley side by side shotty, A Weatherby Vanguard-.300WinMag, a Savage .22 and an air rifle.

Love guns! Got a funny feeling I should start stockpiling ammo though.....
:wink:
HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE FASTEST RUNNER!
Tolga Alkan
Supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan »

I collect signed photos of SS-RK holders and any photos related with SS-Pz.Div.2 "Das Reich".
I own also several war and post-wat times Soviet medals and decorations.
The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter.
Brig
Contributor

Post by Brig »

I collect practically anything, but it comes in spurts. Military and political. Best piece, I'd say, is an original German ballot
Zookeeper

Collecting

Post by Zookeeper »

I've got a bayonet (minus scabbard), helmet (minus liner) and a flag or banner since it's made to hang vertically (red with white circle and black swastika). There is a stamp on one side, but I'm not sure what it's for. I believe it's for certification or something. I also collect books, music and models, but mostly dust on all of them.

Rick
Guillermo
Contributor

collection

Post by Guillermo »

I collect Feldgrau messages that have invaluable and very interesting info.

Guillermo
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

I collect postcards, photos and documents from Germany between 1930 and 1945.

Even postcards from that time period can have some interesting information.

For example few weeks ago I bought a postcards that was titled: Greetings from Heidelberg. It had many small pictures from Heidelberg and there was one small picture with a word that I couldn't translate.

Little research gave me a result that it probably don't have a counterpart in english. Thingstätte seems to be a part of the propaganda machine, somekind of speaker's stand.
Ciaran Byrne
Supporter

Soviet Militaria

Post by Ciaran Byrne »

I collect Late War and Post-War Soviet militaria. I have around 60 uniforms, medals, badges caps, shoulder boards, publications, field gear...you name. The thing I would most like to have is storage space to put it all!