What do you collect?

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
Annelie
Patron

Re: What do you collect?

Post by Annelie »

Just something to think about when you (everyone) post for the world to see what you collect.

I remember a few years ago when it was discovered that a dealer, etc. hired people
to rob those he knew that had highly sought after militaria. It always made me realize
that one should be careful what private information you put out there.

:wink:
Annelie

Post by Zepp »

I`m not really a collector, but I allways bring something back home when I visit battlefields on the Eastern Front.
Barbed wire,cartridges(I have cartridges,used and misfired ammo from my friends position at Kaprolat/russia.
Also the top of a tellermine ,beltbucles and so on. And now and then I by some medals ao.
I newer was the man I used to be!
Troy Tempest
Enthusiast

Re:

Post by Troy Tempest »

karltrowitz wrote:I collect virtuallyanything german from the third reich period.Militaria,stamps,postcards etc, etc.The two star items in my collection are a signed photo of Hermann Goring and a turret hatch off a panther tank( it definately belonged to the 2nd SS panzer division "das reich") that I dug up in Normandy back in 1996.
Wow! Any chance of a photo?
Hello from sunny Port Macquarie
archmoco

Post by archmoco »

inert ammo mostly german issue small arms but I do have a small collection of allied rounds and some post war. i've also got quite a good collection of 1:72 diecast, at one stage i was trying to collect one of each armoured vechicle, might not have goot them all but I got a good few anyway!

regards
Mike
Leandros
Supporter

Post by Leandros »

I collect minesweepers.
http://www.fredleander.com - buy my book on Operation Sea Lion
nebelwerferXXX

Post by nebelwerferXXX »

I buy & collect War books, Comics, assorted Magazines, original DVDs, VCDs & CDs.

Titles of my war books:

The Chinese War Machine
The Japanese War Machine
The Allied War Machine
Hitler's War Machine
Hitler's War
Hitler's high seas fleet
Hitler's Youth
German Weapons of World War II
German Tanks & Fighting Vehicles of World War II
German Warplanes of World War II
German Infantry in action
German Half-tracks in action
German Secret Weapons: blueprint for Mars
German General Staff
Waffen SS: the asphalt soldiers...John Keegan
Afrika Korps
the defense of Moscow...Geoffrey Jukes
Stalingrad: the turning point...Geoffrey Jukes
Kursk: the clash of armour...Geoffrey Jukes
T-34: Russian armour
Zhukov: Marshal of the Soviet Union
Soviet Air Power
Soviet Land Power
War Today
Heerss

Post by Heerss »

I collect-
WWII Books,Magazines & Movies.

I'd really wish to collect German wwII helmets but the expence is to high for my budget.
ealdwita

Post by ealdwita »

Edged weapons. Mostly Japanese ( have almost 60 - ranging from battlefield jin-tachi thru katanas, wakasashis and tantos etc.) Several 18th. and 19th. Century Japanese Field officers sabres, and other ranks daggers and bayonets. German dress daggers (6).

Next purchase - a 'signed' Munehisa suit of samurai armour. (If I can sweet-talk the bank manager!)

PS (If anyone has a genuine 1938 Kriegsmarine dress dagger for sale, I might be interested!)
Dale
Supporter

Tiger stuff and autographs

Post by Dale »

Hello all !
My main area of interest has been autographs and books - I went from collecting signed photos (mostly post-war) of Knights Cross winners (all branches of service) to collecting specifically autographs from Tiger veterans. I probably have over 200 different Tiger veteran autographs - many of the Tiger KC guys, and a bunch of abteilung commanders.
I love reading the first-person accounts and have been able to get plenty of stories first-hand from the Tiger soldiers.
So I collect anything to do with Tigers - autographs, photos,documents, medals, and I still have one Soldbuch left - but I especially like the stories !!
Dale
Leandros
Supporter

Post by Leandros »

I collect vintage American tube audio gear of the Sherwood brand, and literature thereof. I have about 20 units of tuners, amplifiers and music machines. Most of them in perfect working condition. Most are manufactured around 1960. Also their first generation transistor (silicon) amps and tuners, made in the US. As most other US electronics companies the Sherwood brand was later acquired by their Far East manufacturers.
http://www.fredleander.com - buy my book on Operation Sea Lion