Welcome to the forum, tell us about yourself!

Updates, changes and plans for Feldgrau.net and Feldgrau.com.
Paul Boellaard

Re: Welcome to the forum, tell us about yourself!

Post by Paul Boellaard »

Hi all,

Though I'm not exactly new to the forum it has been a very long time since I had a look here. My old profile (Paulus II) seems to have been deleted so I have re-registered.
Life just caught up with me I guess, Things to do, places to go but my interest in the Wehrmacht, though not activily pursued, has never diminished.

My main line of interest concerns the Westfeldzug and German armour.

Best wishes for the new year to all boardmembers and their loved ones!

Regards,

Paul
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Welcome back, Paul and Best wishes!!
John W. Howard
jpollar
Admin

Post by jpollar »

Hello Everyone...

Wanted to make a quick introduction. The site has changed hands a few times it seems...I'm working diligently to right the ship.

I have spent most of my adult life in Germany (Heidelberg area) supporting USAREUR as a web developer. I never suspected that I would be working on a site preserving history, but I realized it was important.

There's probably been a ton of promises from previous owners, so I prefer to stick to announcing achievements as their made.

Hopefully I can make a good impression on everyone that enjoys using the site.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Jim
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Jim - Glad to hear that you have taken ownership of Feldgrau. I wish you every success. I recommend that you contact all current moderators, some of whom are no longer living, and determine their continued interest. If the interest is no longer there, they ought to be removed and replaced. It not encouraging to members who visit one of the forums and find that the listed moderator has not logged on to the site in over a year! I will continue as Mod for the two sites that I am responsible for, but no more.

John
Grabenkrieg

Post by Grabenkrieg »

Hello.

First, I must apologize. I did not notice the username requirement when I registered. Please let me know if that is of importance, but rest assured I'm not here with any malicious intent.

My interest in the history of this period is perhaps very "amateur" by the standards of this forum (the amount of published authors is very impressive!), and I mostly joined to enjoy the material already posted, as I have little to offer of my own no doubt. Regarding that point, am I unable to see attached images because I am a new user? Or is there something wrong with the image database? I apologize for my narrow focus on images in particular, I know collectors are typically rather proud of their collections, especially if they're unpublished.

Regards,

Jacob.
kpayson47

Post by kpayson47 »

Greetings to all members. I hope this finds you and your families in good health and good spirits.

My name is Kelly Payson and I am a retired Army Officer and a student of the German Armed Forces. I am currently studying to complete a Master's Degree in European History. My proposed thesis will be on the Panzer Grenadier Division Grossdeutschland. If you have any information you would like to share about GD I will greatly appreciate it. Most especially, I am looking for former members of the GD in order for me to interview them regarding their recruiting, training, and operations. Grossdeutschland was a very unique, prestigious and elite unit that me and my advisers feel will make an excellent subject for a Master's Thesis.

I will be happy to provide a copy of my resume/bio for the review of anyone needing to verify my identity.

This site appears to be an excellent source to provide information about Grossdeutschland and other German units. I look forward to making the acquaintance of other members here.

God bless and have a great day,

Kelly Payson
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Welcome Kelly!! I would think that most vets of GD would be quite old by now, but you will be very interested in our sister site www.feldgrau.com, because under the HEER section you will find the memoirs of Rudi Salvermoser, a GD vet. Rudi had an interesting war to say the least, having guarded the perimeter at Hitler's Wolf's Lair etc. Good luck with your research and let us know if we are able to help!! Best wishes.
John W. Howard
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

Greetings, I have lurked here intermittently for a few years now and decided I'd join. I'm a Pediatrician: no military experience but an interest in history, particularly that of WW2. I look forward to learning a lot from y'all.
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Welcome!!
John W. Howard
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

Thank you, Sir.
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Hi all, based in the U.K. I'm interested in the Eastern Front in general, having travelled throughout there and in operations in the Baltics having a relation who was a member of the Forest Brothers. Cheers
redenton

Post by redenton »

Hello everyone.

I retired from the Army after 20 years in 1997. I have been a big fan of the German Army since I was kids. In the Army I was a combat bridge engineer and now days reflect on how the Germans were able to do what they did with the resources they had. I am looking forward to seeing what the forum has to offer and what I may be able to offer to it.

Roy
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

You'r welcome Roy.
Kindly regards
Prosper :wink: :wink:
WorldwarBill

Post by WorldwarBill »

Hi everyone. I'm a lifelong student of the Wehrmacht and an author. It's great to have a place where you can discuss the Third Reich with others who share your interest.
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

Be welcome on this excellent forum
Kindly regards from Belgium
Prosper :wink: :wink: