Mission 101

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

von_noobie
Associate

Mission 101

Post by von_noobie »

G'day everyone.

Been doing some reading lately and came across a book titled 'Mission 101', I'm wondering if any one has more detailed information, or accounts on this group. It was based in Ethiopia 1940, Where groups of Australian and British officers and soldiers trained up Ethiopian patriots and commanded them in battle. From what i have read they where broken up into 10 operational commands operating behind Italian lines hitting supplies, blowing up bridges, mining road's, and even destroying/capturing Italian forts.

i am mainly interested in Operation Command 1 (Commanded by 5 Aussie blokes) which appears to be the main operational command for the ability to do the job no matter how impossible, in some cases using just 2 dozen men to get an entire Italian fort filled with enough supplies for a battalion for two years to surrender.
mconrad

Wingate? Re: Mission 101

Post by mconrad »

Wasn't the Ethiopian guerilla movement run by Orde Wingate? That phase of his activities is much less written about than the Burma Chindits, unfortunately.
von_noobie
Associate

Re: Mission 101

Post by von_noobie »

It was actually..they did an amazing job.. Lent the book to a friend but when i get it back ill get more info and pass it along.