A Note To The Forum!

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Commissar D, the Evil

A Note To The Forum!

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

These continual debates over the War in Iraq can not be used as a shield for rabid anti-American statements.

Debate over the causes and rationale of the war are, of course, allowed.
However, American and British Troops are currently engaged in actual combat, risking their lives as soldiers obeying their countries policies.

That being the case, I urge everyone to be discrete in their comments and not engage in either baiting tactics or blatant insults designed to provoke citizens of America, Britain or any other member of the Coalition.

Jason Pipes and myself are Americans and I can't imagine that either of us will long tolerate those who use the war as a convenient excuse to "bash" the United States.

So, if you disagree with American policy, fine, discuss it as Gentlemen or Ladies. But I will delete posts that are deliberately intended to inflame discussions and report those who post them to Jason for further action.

Best Regards,
Commissar D, the EviL
Last edited by Commissar D, the Evil on Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Guillermo
Contributor

Post by Guillermo »

Agreed!

Guillermo
michael kenny
Associate

Even handed?

Post by michael kenny »

Can I take it this also aplies to the disgraceful attacks on France and theFrench?.
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

I agree, but the request should apply also to the bashing of the other side. French, peace activists and other people who object this war.

This would be an equal treatment. Otherwise it puts this forum in a strange light.

For my part, you could deny all of the conversation that concerns Iraq.
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Baltasar
Enthusiast

Post by Baltasar »

As the others already stated, you should treat to ones bashing the frensh, german, russian or anyone else opposing the US point of view the same way. This would be just fair.
Wenn man nichts zu sagen hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.
Stefan
Banned

Post by Stefan »

Michael, Kimmo, Baltasar: you know, all men are created equal, but some are more equal than others.
Commissar D, the Evil

Hi Guys, good responses all (except maybe from Stefan who I have yet to convince I'm not persecuting!)

But yes, the rule will apply to all groups. I will delete any anti-French, anti-peace activest, anti-German and Anti-Russian rhetoric THAT CROSSES THE LINE.

Please keep the discussions as civil as possible. I understand that a war stirs passions and hot debates. I simply don't want posts on this Forum that degrade the quality of the debates or upset those members of our Forum who are now on active duty in the Gulf.

(Personal note to Stefan: I've always accepted your being a part of the "honorable opposition" on the Forum and haven't deleted or censored any of your posts. Please be a bit more temperate in your remarks. You've always raised good points, points worthy of discussion and I don't want the issues you've raised lost in a dust storm of rhetoric.)

Best Regards, David
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

Thank you David, you show great restraint and responded in the appropriate manner. Good to see a level head when others are talking from anger.
Christian
Patron

Post by Christian »

David,

I am glad that you are going to take control.

First of all, the type of disrespectful posts like the one in the thread, The first casualties...:
Must I begin to cry now? The crash wasn't even caused by military action.
are a disgrace to the coalition servicemen who are currently putting their lives on the line in Iraq.

Secondly, I accept that people can have different and opposing feelings about Iraqi Freedom. However, many posts have the sole purpose to vilify, slander and discredit coalition countries.

In summary, once this operation is over, history will be its judge. Until then it would nice to keep disparaging comments of the board.

Christian
Commissar D, the Evil

Hi Christian, yes, the point that the deaths were not caused by actual combat could have been made without the sarcasm. I also reall y don't like posts like this:
You bunch of jingoistic cowardly bully boys. Remember Somalia when you ran away with the tail between your legs.
Unlike Stefan's post, which actually had a point to make, this post by Heinz Kling is ONLY a provocation and does not have a legitimate purpose.

Best Regards, David
Somosierra
Supporter
Location: POLAND - The Land of Virtue and Valor: "Peior est bello timor ipse belli!"

Post by Somosierra »

I am not going to “bash” peaceful pigeons, but I have to say I can hear laughter of a horse – Russia and Germany: the states of peace lovers!
--
BTW – I read a funny note: the World is going crazy – the best rapper is white, the best golf player is black and Germans do not want to go to war…

Regards,
Somosierra.
APOCALYPSIS IOANNIS 21, 8:
--
Timidis autem et incredulis et exsecratis et homicidis et fornicatoribus et veneficis et idololatris et omnibus mendacibus, pars illorum erit in stagno ardenti igne et sulphure, quod est mors secunda.
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

Here we go again...

Well to the point. Those people that are pissed by this situation, can just neglet the discussions that deal with the war in Iraq.

I haven't read these discussions here, after the attack to Iraq. And that's the way I'm going to keep it for my part.

I have better things to do, than to argue with people that live on the other side of the globe, people I wont ever meet.

I can just go and argue with my neighbours, if I want to pick a fight with somebody :)
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Stefan
Banned

Post by Stefan »

David, please be assured that I'm already fully convinced of the fact that you are a shining example of fairness, prudence and rationality. If you would be President of the United States, I would at once apply for a Green Card :wink: So, my quote from Orwell wasn't directed at you, but at those people who claim that the supporters of the war are morally superior to those opposed to it. Yes, it is my intention to raise points, and I'm glad if this is still discernible in spite of my occasional fondness for sarcasm and exaggerations. I would also like to express my contempt for the primitive Anti-Americanism and Anti-Semitism of that person who (very revealingly) takes his name from a certain SS-officer.
Commissar D, the Evil

Hey Guys:

:D :D :D :D

Stefan, thank you My Friend. :D

Somosierra,
the World is going crazy – the best rapper is white, the best golf player is black and Germans do not want to go to war…
Someone will probably take offense, but I thought this line was very funny!!!! :D

Kimmo, your neighbors sound like mine....... :D

Best Regards To All,
David
D.W.
Enthusiast

Post by D.W. »

Personally, I think this reminder mainly applies to one person, a newcomer to Soldatenheim who has posted some rather inflammatory comments as of late.

However, I will attempt to maintain these standards as well.

Regards,
D.W.