U-boot Archiv : Horst Bredow has passed away

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

ibrahim ahmad

U-boot Archiv : Horst Bredow has passed away

Post by ibrahim ahmad »

Good morning everyone,
Sad news, Herr Horst Bredow has quietly passed away this weekend.
The message below is from Peter Monte , member of The Advisory board of Uboot Archive.

----------
""Message du 23/02/15 07:42
Objet : Sad News

Dear Friends of Horst and Annemarie Bredow and the German U-Boat Museum,

it is my sad duty to inform you on behalf of Annemarie Bredow that Horst Bredow has passed away peacefully yesterday afternoon, Sunday, 22nd of Feb 2015, in his house at Altenbruch.

There will be no funeral service and other forms of gathering, since Horst has declared his last will his ashes to be given to the sea quietly.

Annemarie has asked me to let you know that she will continue leading the "Foundation German U-Boat Museum" as chairman as disposed by Horst Bredow building on the support of the friends of the Museum and Archive. Therefore, it is firm intent to carry on with the work of the Museum and Archive.

Hence, the next joint meeting of the Executive and Advisory Board of the foundation remains on schedule for Friday, 10th of April 2015. Also, the next annual general meeting of the Association of Friends of the Tradition Archive U-Boats (FTU) will be executed as scheduled on Saturday, 11th of April 2015.

The news of the death of Horst Bredow will be spread throughout the next days via this line or by phone. The yearbook "Das Archiv" currently in print and to be distributed until early March will also mention the sad end of Horst.

On behalf of Annemarie Bredow I remain with my best regards

Peter Monte (German Navy (rtd), Cuxhaven)

German UBoat Museum Foundation
Lange Strasse 1
27478 Cuxhaven-Altenbruch - Germany
E-Mail: [email protected]
See: http://www.u-boot-archiv-cuxhaven.de for more information on his life and the history of the Archiv. ""
-----------
ibrahim ahmad

Re: U-boot Archiv : Horst Bredow has passed away

Post by ibrahim ahmad »

I personally met Herr Horst Bredrow at his Uboot Archive in late 2010 for my Monsoon Uboat research website. He was a good man ...
My sincere condolences to his family & friends.

---------------------------
Looking for all relevant info & items on WW2 German U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research.
http://monsun-uboats.blogspot.com/