Rudi Salvermoser TV Star

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

veers

Re: Rudi Salvermoser TV Star

Post by veers »

I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting this link, but Rudi's episode can be found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8NklsPWX1A
B Hellqvist
Contributor

Post by B Hellqvist »

Nice to hear him tell his story. We are fortunate to have veterans who can tell us how it was.
ReinhardH
Supporter

Post by ReinhardH »

Thanks for the link to this episode .. I finally got to see it, as att never aired it locally .. absolutely riveting from start to finish. My goodness, what an incomprehensible tragedy that all was.
ReinhardH
Supporter

Post by ReinhardH »

Thanks so much for posting the link ... this is one awesome video!
Dad was with the 3.Gebirgsdivision from late 1942 to early 1944, before and during the retreat from west of Stalingrad to north of the Black Sea, and was in the middle of the unit's heavy fighting northeast of the Black Sea (Taganrog, Nikopol, Melitopol,Woroschilowgrad, etc) that kept the corridor open for the Caucasus army group to successfully escape to the west.
What's most notable to me is that he recalls watching the StuG's that were placed around his unit during the defensive battles destroy every enemy tank that came into view... %E
ReinhardH
Supporter

Post by ReinhardH »

I thought it would never happen, but FINALLY recently the local at&t AHC channel aired the 'Greatest Tank Battles .. Battle for the Baltics' episode! :D
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Has anyone heard from Rudi these last several years?

Is he well? Any updates at all?
Annelie