TeNo HOME BASE Cloth-Metal-Uniform-Documents et al

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
dblmed1
Supporter

SUMMARY-TeNo Armscheiben-Types 1.0-4.0 •

Post by dblmed1 »

SUMMARY-TeNo Armscheiben-Types 1.0 - 4.0 • Please POST OTHERS ! ! !

SEARCH your Collections for other TN Eagle Variants. In the prior Posts, I have attempted to share with you essentially ‘ALL’ of the information that I am currently aware of, concerning these 4 Types of TeNo Armscheiben (& their SubTypes).

Hopefully, these Postings have shown the Common, as well as some of the seldom seen or ‘previously unknown’ TeNo Armscheiben. In doing so – hopefully, these TeNo LEFT Shoulder Patches will now be much ‘Less of a Mystery’ & much more ‘Understandable’ to Collectors. TR Collecting is a continuous learning process & I look forward to seeing other Examples!

• PLEASE Post Other Examples & Variations of the various TeNo Armscheiben from your Collections (or from the NET) - for discussion & for learning from them.

• PLEASE Point Out & Correct Any “Errors / Misstatements” - which I have made in my Postings! The intended goal is to present Only Accurate Information & to Learn more about the TN • TeNo.
…Txs, Dave/dblmed1
dblmed1
Supporter

• TeNo Officer - ca. 1937 - Photo •

Post by dblmed1 »

• TN Officer - ca. 1937 - Photo •

This nice portrait photo shows a TN Officer ca. 1937, though the photo is undated. (Note - all items are from my collection, as per forum posting rules.)

He wears the Pre-1936 single right shoulder board only, and his visor has black & silver cording on the crest (seen faintly on his right side), which was done away with in the 1936 uniform changes. Also the visor's main cording / chin strap was changed to all silver for officers at that time. (Since uniform insignia changes were introduced with a usual gradual change [over a number of months] to the latest requirements, it is not unusual to find photos with this mix of date items.) He has his WWI medals in wear, and most early TN officers seem to have had WWI service experience.

Also present on the left sleeve is the TN Reichsschule Arrow patch above the TN Eagle sleeve triangle. The specific TN Eagle sleeve triangle patch was introduced in 1937, so this dates the photo, IMO. A TN logo button can be seen at the black cross strap, and at the right pocket.

The left collar patch (tab) places him in several possible rank classifications (Gefolgschaftsführer to Scharführer), which can not be exactly determined without being able to see the single shoulder board.

The TN specific visor eagle was introduced in 1935 - first as a Nickel Silver model and later in the more commonly found Aluminum (white metal) which continued in use until 8 May, 1945. The TN specific laurel leaf cockarde was introduced at some time After the TN visor eagle (exact date is unknown, but late 1936 photos show it in wear.) ...Txs, Dave / dblmed1
Attachments
TN Officer Blue 1937.jpg (76.56 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

TeNo Collar Piping - Pre-1937 - Photo

Post by dblmed1 »

This is a nice example of a young TN officer (trying to look like someone familiar? with the stubby mustache).

His Dunkelblau Tunic has the Silver / Black Color piping to his collar lapels.

Also, his Visor has the very rarely seen Black / Silver piping to parts of the Visor & the chin cording.
The photo allows a nice study of the TeNo Uniform, Ranking & the Visor. ..... Txs, Dave/dblmed1
Attachments
TeNo Collar Piping Pre-1937.jpg (57.78 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

TeNo Officer Portrait - from 1938 (or later)

Post by dblmed1 »

This is a great TeNo Officer photo, as it has it 'All' for a study of TN Items:

* LD Trade Badge / Circle - on left lower sleeve;
* Reichsschule Arrow - left shoulder, for having attended Reichsschule Belzig or
Dresden;
* TN Honor Year Band - on right cuff;
* TN Visor (post 1936) - as the crest piping is Silver only; and combination of
Embroidered Cockarde/Kranz with a Metal TN Eagle;
* TN Dagger Hangers (Fabric Model) - authorized for wear in 1938;
* TN Logo buttons on his Uniform;
* Plus the SA Sports Badge and Ribbon Bars (types unknown to me?)

and, you may see things which I have missed! ........ Txs, Dave/dblmed1
Attachments
TN OFF w Arrow Yr Band.jpg (103.43 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

• TeNo Officer with WWI Submariner Badge •

Post by dblmed1 »

This is a nice TN Uniform, and related, photo.
The date is late 1935 - early 1936 (as the sleeve eagle came out in 1935, but the single shoulder board was changed to Double Shoulder Boards in 1936.)

* TN Right Tab is XII/5 - for Ortsgruppe Kassel (matches up with Kassel on the photographer's stamp on reverse)
* A Trade Circle on the left lower sleeve
* Part of a 1919-1923 Honor Cuff Title on the lower right sleeve
* TN Visor Eagle + Laurel Mutzenkranz
* Medals on ribbons (which I can't ID)
* Close up of what I believe is the WWI Submariner Badge, (below a circular pin / badge)
* The 'unusual' leather gaiters / protectors around his boots / shoes.

TN Officers, thus far, which I have learned about were in the WWI Army. This is the 1st one which I have found which has a Kriegsmarine connection. Lots of great items to see in this photo. ..... Txs, Dave/dblmed1
Attachments
TN OFF w Sub Badge.jpg (63.53 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

TeNo / TN Dunkelblau Mantel - 1

Post by dblmed1 »

TeNo / TN Dunkelblau Mantel - I've been looking for a TN Overcoat for quite some time & expected to find one made of wool (If I was lucky enough to find one at all!) To my pleasant surprise, this TN-Mantel is made of a heavy Navy blue / dunkelblau Cotton fabric which has been 'water proofed.' Almost as heavy as a canvas, but slightly softer and more malleable. It's consistency is more like a duck hunter's all weather coat. The internal seams are all rubberized and there is a cotton strap with clip for attaching the TN Führerdolch, which passed through the left pocket.

The Mantel has TN-Kameradeschaftführer's slip-in shoulder boards (with TN logo buttons) which is consistent with the 1940-1943 TN insignia in effect. Also present is the TN Tyr Rune Arrow noting that this officer had been through either the Belzig or Dresden TN-Reichschule. The TN triangular eagle patch is the standard metallic wire on dunkelblau model.

It is interesting that no collar tabs, or TN cuff title, were ever attached to this TN-Mantel. My belief is that since the purpose of the particular overcoat was for use in the rain, etc., that those insignia devices were omitted.

Official TN issued overcoats are distinctive in that they have 2 rows of 5 buttons each, 10 in total, and are the TN logo type (silver or OD, olive drab, in rare instances.) The TN assigned to the Heer and Luftwaffe used their overcoats, which are the 2 rows of 6 button's types (12 buttons in total). (TN in Kriegs' service did exist, but is so rare, that I have not yet even seen any uniform photos!) All in all, I feel that it is a nice representative TN uniform item of a TN-Mantel.
Attachments
TN Blue Mantel.jpg (78.56 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

• TeNo-Kameradschaftführer Shoulder Board •

Post by dblmed1 »

Here is a photo of the left shoulder area of the mantel showing the TN-Kameradschaftführer's slip-on shoulder board (with TN logo button, of the TN-in-COG.) The shoulder board shows wear, which is nice. The top is a of matte silver material and the underside is black cloth.

The texture of the dunkelblau 'Cotton Duck' material of which the TN Mantel is constructed, is also shown pretty well (to my surprise also). ...Txs, Dave/dblmed1
Attachments
TN Mantel w Kameradschaftführer.jpg (70.02 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

• TN-Reichsschule Arrow & TN Eagle Sleeve Patch •

Post by dblmed1 »

Another left shoulder photo of the Mantel shows TN-Reichsschule Arrow (made of the same matte silver material, as the shoulder board) and the TN dunkelblau eagle triangle patch with metallic wire construction. (With only one exception, the TN did not use Black as an eagle color, and did not use Black as a uniform color, as is often incorrectly referenced. The very dark Navy Blue / Dunkelblau has been mistaken for Black in the past.)

The photo also nicely allows us to see see the slip-on aspect of the Kameradschaftführer's shoulder board above.
Attachments
TN Blue Mantel w RS Arrow.jpg (73.94 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

TeNo Blue Arbeituniformen / Drillich

Post by dblmed1 »

Here is a BLUE TeNo Working {Arbeit] Uniform, which is seen in many TeNo TR Period Photos. (There was also a more common White TeNo Working Uniform; and a Rarer Light Green TeNo Working Uniform)

The Dealer's description of the BLUE TeNo Working Uniform is as follows.
"...German WWII TeNo (Technische Nothilfe) HBT (herring bone twill) unissued work uniform. Consists of jacket and pants. HBT material is a dark blue color, buttons are pressed paper. Inside size and manufacturer tags and also paper manufacturer tags all present on both pieces. Jacket has 2 breast pockets and pants have hip pockets and right thigh utility pocket. Gorgeous textbook "Technische Nothilfe" cufftitle in light gray on black, factory applied to left sleeve. Size is large, German 52, about a 42 US. Pants are size 36" waist (adjustable) and 29" length from crotch to bottom hem. They have a belt with roller buckle adjuster in them for a better fit. Both pieces are flawless and mint. Textbook Teno Blue work uniform."
Attachments
TN Blue Drillich Uniform.jpg (121.52 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

TeNo Beitragskarte - 1937

Post by dblmed1 »

This TeNo Beitragskarte - from 1937 is very interestingly also. [Perhaps it belongs to one of the TN men from the prior photos?]

The Stempel was placed 'upside down' - but reads Wilhelmshaven [which is also confirmed as being the correct Ortsgruppe. The TeNo Due's Stamps are in place for the 1st half & the 2nd half of 1937. The Stamps are quite attractive & are printed as "193___" - so that the applicable year can be added. TR Stamp collectors are also very interested in TeNo Stamp items & Feldposts - Yes, because they are quite uncommon...
Attachments
TeNo-ID-BK-w-TN-Stamp-W.jpg (81 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

DDP Taschenbuch für die Technische Nothilfe - 1942

Post by dblmed1 »

Die Deutsche Polizei Taschenbuch für die Technische Nothilfe - 1942

The DDP Taschenbucher provide invaluable information about the TN - Technische Nothilfe
Attachments
DDP-TN 1942.JPG (56.38 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

DDP Taschenbuch für die Technische Nothilfe - 1945

Post by dblmed1 »

The 1945 Die Deutsche Polizei Taschenbuch für die Technische Nothilfe is printed on coarse paper & reflects the near Kriegsend in its construction. But, the information gained from this late date publication, is invaluable.
Attachments
DDP-TN 1945.JPG (56.57 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

TeNo Marching Post Card by Döbrich Stegliz - 1

Post by dblmed1 »

There were a large number of TeNo TR Post Cards Issued in various series. They usually show TeNo at Work, Marching or with WHW Charity Efforts. Very Stunning in the colors.

(These are Pre 1937, as the TeNo Arm Logo is still the Sewn On Type, prior - to the Blue TeNo Triangle Eagle Patch)
Attachments
TeNo_Marching-1.jpg (37.77 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

TeNo Marching Post Card by Döbrich Stegliz - 2

Post by dblmed1 »

Another very attractive color Post Card. Great for the study of TeNo details.

The only problem is that TeNo collectors have to compete with the Stamp & Post Card collectors for these beauties.
Attachments
TeNo_Marching-2.jpg (31.89 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
dblmed1
Supporter

Die Deutsche Polizei Magazine Announces TN Dagger

Post by dblmed1 »

Die Deutsche Polizei Magazine Announces the TN Dagger & Hauer - January, 1939 Issue

This is from the DDP - Die Deutsche Polizei Magazine, January, 1939, Nummer 1, 7. Jahrgang, Seite (Page) 26.
This issue announces the, then new & upcoming release of the TeNo Officer Dagger & NCO/EM Hewer.
Attachments
Die Deutsche Polizei Magazine Announces the TN Dagger & Hauer - January, 1939 Issue
DDP-TeNo-Daggers-1W.jpg (85.89 KiB) Viewed 10232 times