SS/Waffen-SS Forum Parameters

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Mark C Yerger
Author & Moderator

SS/Waffen-SS Forum Parameters

Post by Mark C Yerger »

Hopefully we'll keep this area of the site for research or fact questions regarding the various aspects of the SS. This is NOT a political debate area so be aware that obviously rude, degrading, racist, or similar zealous political attacks/exchanges will be deleted. Those who engage in that type of posting will be warned and the posting deleted. Since the wording of a warning will be clear to those with an IQ that has two digits, further similar posts will result in the individual being banned.

I'd appreciate if those posting questions or advice on seeking texts, etc please include age and if the person making an inquiry can read any languages other than English. Biographical questions related to SS personnel can be replied here, as well as in other areas of the site. However, most with any facet of SS interest should be using this area for initial solutions to questions. Should any questions be better replied in other areas, the inquiry will be moved. The topics within the forum overlap to some degree, so please note there is a specific Feldpost section for numbers research. I've done some research and writing on SS topics so will be glad to assist anyone in my specific areas if I can.

Best
Mark
xavier
Contributor

Post by xavier »

can you contact me off forum?

[email protected]

thanks in advance... 8)
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero
Gerhard
WWII Vet

Re: SS/Waffen-SS Forum Parameters

Post by Gerhard »

Mark C. Yerger wrote:Hopefully we'll keep this area of the site for research or fact questions regarding the various aspects of the SS. This is NOT a political debate area so be aware that obviously rude, degrading, racist, or similar zealous political attacks/exchanges will be deleted. Those who engage in that type of posting will be warned and the posting deleted. Since the wording of a warning will be clear to those with an IQ that has two digits, further similar posts will result in the individual being banned.

I'd appreciate if those posting questions or advice on seeking texts, etc please include age and if the person making an inquiry can read any languages other than English. Biographical questions related to SS personnel can be replied here, as well as in other areas of the site. However, most with any facet of SS interest should be using this area for initial solutions to questions. Should any questions be better replied in other areas, the inquiry will be moved. The topics within the forum overlap to some degree, so please note there is a specific Feldpost section for numbers research. I've done some research and writing on SS topics so will be glad to assist anyone in my specific areas if I can.

Best
Mark
Is this going to be like the old SS Forum what used to be before Fieldgrau ?
Gerhard
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I'm not sure I'm clear on what you're asking Gerhard. What SS forum before Feldgrau are you speaking of?
Gerhard
WWII Vet

Post by Gerhard »

Jason Pipes wrote:I'm not sure I'm clear on what you're asking Gerhard. What SS forum before Feldgrau are you speaking of?
Maybe I am mixed up, there was a Waffen SS message board which closed down sometime last year. I did not know about the Fieldgrau Forum then.
Gerhard
Gerhard
HaEn
WWII Vet

closed forum

Post by HaEn »

Jason Pipes wrote:I'm not sure I'm clear on what you're asking Gerhard. What SS forum before Feldgrau are you speaking of?
I think he means the old "Waffen-SS.com" That got way out of hand in its 'discussions", had its forum closed, and turned into a pay site. It's no longer on the web anymore. Too bad, the was some good info. Oh well. "Sic transit gloria mundi" HN.
Willi

Waffen-SS.com was my old site...

Post by Willi »

My partner, Thomas Wilhelm of Colorado Springs, and I got acquainted over his site, The NSDAP Museum. We started to put together another pay site, Waffen-SS.com, with most of the juicy stuff on the pay side of the house. There was some historical stuff, organization, etc. and the forum on the outside. However, the forum always seemed to attract the wrong kind of people who insisted that we were all a bunch of Nazis, etc. and would harrass and piss off everybody on the forum. So finally, since I had been unemployed and unable to maintain the forum (deleting these unwanted people's comments), I told my partner to suspend it. We were thinking of moving it inside the password. My partner had a lot of personal problems and for over a year didn't update the site, even though I had sent him a short ton of stuff. I decided that was enough. People were paying for access to the site and nothing was being added. I felt very bad about that. Finally we had trouble with the server we were hosted on and Thomas needed to find another so I suggested instead of rehosting it, we just pull the plug on it. And now it's gone. I am intending on bringing it back again but I don't want to include a forum - at least not at the beginning. Hello Haen!
Bittrich
Contributor

Just for clarification.....

Post by Bittrich »

Just for clarification, I can ask questions on any aspect of the SS as long as I state no offensive langauge with it? Just as an example ask about Eicke and his camp guards at Dachau? Or are inquiries concerning the Holocaust not allowed? I don't mean any trouble, I am just curious for sake of research.
To those who fought reguardless of nationality
DnA

Post by DnA »

http://www.waffenss.com is online still
Will
Supporter

waffen ss.com

Post by Will »

Yes waffenss.com is still online and in my humble opinion should never be visited by anyone genuinley interested in the third reich or the waffen ss, I found it biased and totally disorganised in short its a haven for neo-nazis and ss wannabes sorry but there it is!-peace

vergeiessmeincht
Will

"Where The German Soldier Sets Foot, There He Remains"
Adolf Hitler-27 September 1942
Lustmolch
Supporter

Re: Just for clarification.....

Post by Lustmolch »

Bittrich wrote:Just for clarification, I can ask questions on any aspect of the SS as long as I state no offensive langauge with it? Just as an example ask about Eicke and his camp guards at Dachau? Or are inquiries concerning the Holocaust not allowed? I don't mean any trouble, I am just curious for sake of research.
I would think that provided the question was asked out of a genuine interest in a period of history, then it would be OK. What Jason is trying to avoid is the blatantly right wing neo-nazi type threads that are only written to antagonise people, or those who seek to rewrite history by denying accusations that are palpably true. The SS and Waffen-SS on the one hand contained a number of men who fought bravely and well during the war BUT IT ALSO numbered thugs and sadists amongst its ranks. To deny that this was otherwise is to present a false picture and does not advance genuine research one iota.

Just my thoughts.
Will
Supporter

Post by Will »

i'd go with that! :D

I agree also that it can be quite hard to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes too the ss and its dubious patronage, still it is a fascinatong facet of a definatley very interesting period of history! 8) -peace

vergeiebmeinicht
Will

"Where The German Soldier Sets Foot, There He Remains"
Adolf Hitler-27 September 1942