What is A1& A2 officrrs ?
Dienstaltersliste A (for Truppenoffiziere, meaning regular officers)
Pre-War to 15.8.41: there was only one "A” list.
15.8.41 to 15.6.43: divided into two "A” lists as follows:
• DAL A l: all Truppenoffiziere considered to be on flying duty.
• DAL A 2: all Truppenoffiziere not meeting the requirements for DAL A 1.
15.6.43 to the End of the War: divided into three “A” lists as follows:
• DAL A 1: all generals, general staff officers, and all Truppenoffiziere on active flying duty or serving as paratroop officers, or who held valid flying and paratroop licenses.
• DAL A 2: all Truppenoffiziere who did not meet the requirements for the A 1 list, but were not in category A 3.
• DAL A 3: Truppenoffiziere who did not meet the A l or A 2 requirements because of age or other reasons (poor record, passed over repeatedly for promotion, etc.).