Re The Axis Forces Number 5 January 2018

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

donwhite
Contributor

Re The Axis Forces Number 5 January 2018

Post by donwhite »

The Axis Forces PDF Number 5 January 2018 contains an broad array of interesting historical articles ranging from the travails of European volunteers (principally Dutch) in and around the Narva bridgehead 1944 to Italian militaria commemorating military service on the Eastern Front. Additional microcosms of historical interest are highlighted by coverage of Albanian participation in the Balkan theatre, Hungarian armoured forces during the 1930's and 1940's, and a battalion of LAH SS serving around Lenginrad as well as as an exert from an new book describing SS s.Pz.Abt. 503's brief sojourne in Berlin in 1945. All articles are liberally illustrated where applicable with maps and black and white photos and contain a bibliography of source material and some limited footnoting. Overall my first impression is that this issue shines a light on some more obscure (for me at least) topics from WWII. My thanks to Massimiliano Afiero for kindly providing a PDF copy for review.

Cheers
Massimiliano Afiero
Contributor

Re: Re The Axis Forces Number 5 January 2018

Post by Massimiliano Afiero »

Thanks Don, for the nice words. I enclose the cover photo of the magazine to make it known to the other members of the Forum.

Max
Attachments
00_cop_axis_005.jpg
00_cop_axis_005.jpg (88.25 KiB) Viewed 4043 times