Case Red, Robert Forzcyk

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Kelvin
Enthusiast

Case Red, Robert Forzcyk

Post by Kelvin »

Hi, I see a new book " Case Red, collapse of France " by Robert Forzcyk , before I read two books about 1940 campaign, one is The fall of Third republic by William Shirer , too much focussed on political history, and less on military history. Another one is good, Guy Chapman, concentrated on military campaign in 1940, and even focused on individual division, very good one.

Regarding Fall Rot, many authors rarely touch this subject, is it good addition to Guy Chapman ? with more new additional information ? Thank
ljadw
Supporter

Re: Case Red, Robert Forzcyk

Post by ljadw »

I would advise against reading The Fall of the Third Republic:sadly enough a lot of trees were sacrified to publish this nonsense .
Kelvin
Enthusiast

Post by Kelvin »

Hi, Lajdw, I endorse your view. But I don't why this book always published many many times and translated in many language. Another good book " why France collapsed" is less popular but I think this is very good book though some information on organization of French army is not very accurate. The collapse of Third Republic has too much narrative on military campaign and too little on military aspect.
ljadw
Supporter

Post by ljadw »

The Fall of the Third Republic is dealing with the period 1934-1940,and during this period, Shirer was NOT in France ,but in Germany . And his "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" is as bad of even worse as his Fall of the Third Republic .

If a French journalist living in Mexico would write a book about the Obama years, the commentary would be very negative .
Kelvin
Enthusiast

Post by Kelvin »

Hi, Ljadw, Shirer seem to be very famous, both books have many time publication and in different languages, I endorse what you said, both books are not good and very boring for me.