TO&E Panzer Grenadier Regt (gp) 44

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Nat

TO&E Panzer Grenadier Regt (gp) 44

Post by Nat »

Fellow TO&E enthusiasts.

I would really appreciate it if there were anyone willing to share these 3 following K.St.N with me? Especially K.St.N 1104 a (gp), which I'm unable to find any detailed info about.

From "Panzer Division (type 44)".

1. Stb.u.Stbs.Kp. Panz.Gren.Rgt.a (gp) K.St.N 1104 a (gp) (1.4.44)
2. schw.Gesch.Kp (6 s.I.G)(Sf) K.St.N 1120 a (1.4.44)
3. Panz.Gren.Pi.Kp (Ausf. B) K.St.N 1118 (Ausf. B) (1.4.44)

Also on another note, How come these units lack the "freie gliederung" organization? Wasn't the Type 44 Pz.Div. supposed to be completely (fg)?
Tanker Mike
Supporter

Re: TO&E Panzer Grenadier Regt (gp) 44

Post by Tanker Mike »

Nat wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:25 pm Also on another note, How come these units lack the "freie gliederung" organization? Wasn't the Type 44 Pz.Div. supposed to be completely (fg)?
Not all the units within a Type 44 Panzer Division were "freie gliederung". Check out the attachment below.
Attachments
Panzer-Gren Regt(gp)_1944.jpg
Panzer-Gren Regt(gp)_1944.jpg (395.38 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
"It is well war is so terrible, we should grow too fond of it."
-Gen. Robert E. Lee
Tanker Mike
Supporter

Post by Tanker Mike »

"It is well war is so terrible, we should grow too fond of it."
-Gen. Robert E. Lee
Nat

Post by Nat »

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the links, but I've already checked these out. Unfortunately some of the data presented on "ww2daybyday" differs when you compare to the original "type 44 PzDiv" TO&E charts. Dugdale & Niehorsters numbers add up with the original material, so probably Christoph accidentally made some basic errors when typing it in?

I think I managed to plug up the holes in these K.St.N's, by finding little clues here & there.

As you mentioned, the charts of the "type 44 PzDiv" contain lots of units without the (freie gliederung). That's why I wonder why they did that?