I/FJR3, October-December 1941

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Jason Long
Contributor

Post by Jason Long »

Gorodok was HQ of II./FJR 3. HQ of III./2 was near Dubrowka south of the Wyborgskaja bulge and I./3 was further southwest above the d in Otradjoye.

Jason
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Hello again :)

Did the Newa Operational Group have any Katjusha launchers among its artillery armament? In addition, does anyone have a list of such details about its units? (it's not required, just curious)
tank6

Post by tank6 »

Greetings! Who that Can share a map of jumping-off place in Petruschino on 1941, Or other information with maps on the Leningrad front with participation Deutsche Fallschirmtruppe.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Thanks. Dave.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

Thanks. Dave.
tank6

Post by tank6 »

Thanks for the information. I shall necessarily look! :up: :D
tank6

Post by tank6 »

tank6 wrote:

Thanks for the information. I shall necessarily look! :up: :D

Greetings guys! A nd where it is possible to look still the information about parachuters on Leningrad front :?
tigre
Patron

Re: I/FJR3, October-December 1941

Post by tigre »

Hello to all :D; more..........................................

Fallschirmjäger - La 7. Flieger Division goes east - 1941.

After the huge losses suffered in Crete, the 7th Flieger Division was ordered to return to its bases in Germany to rest and reorganize. This rest did not last long however. At the end of September 1941, parts of the division were mobilized, ready to be sent east to fight as conventional infantry. It was on the Neva River that the first units of Fallschirmjäger (paratroop hunters) saw action on the Eastern Front.

The winners of Eben Emael and Crete on the Neva river front........................................

The General Commander of an Army Corps visits the paratroopers on the front line; in the sidecar the four leaf clover, emblem of the FJR 3....................................

Sources: Die Wehrmacht. Nr. 8 vom 8. April 1942 / 6. Jahrgang
Fallschirmjäger on the Eastern Front 1941-1945. http://www.eagle19.freeserve.co.uk/russia.htm (off-line)

Cheers. Raúl M 8).
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.